Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, February 24, 2012

The Blame Game

We got back late last night from Eagle Pass, Texas and its border city Piedras Negras, Coahuila, Mexico.  Took a lot of pictures but as you know my Cricket broadband connection that is really like “dial-up in disguise” takes hours to upload pictures to Photobucket.  Hope to do a post on it soon.

Today we had an appointment with the Betty Boop hating ophthalmologist and I cannot say that I am happy about it.  Seems the medication that he gave mother had a substance that caused an allergic reaction and instead of taking responsibility for it, he now blames HEB pharmacy for not letting him know that it had said substance.  Hello??? Aren’t you the doctor?  Shouldn’t he have told the pharmacist to make sure said substance was not in the substitute medication?

It has been a very exhausting week both physically and emotionally.  We have had to attend a wake, a funeral, two doctor’s appointments and a trip out of town.  Hopefully things will slow down some but it does not look very promising, as I still have to somehow fit in a trip to Houston.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that your mother is having problems with the meds. As we know doctors just practice medicine. I would hate to think what it would cost if they did it for real, not just practice. Take care of yourself and your mom and take the extra time to be safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll say you had a busy week. That would'a took old Billy Bob a month.
    I had a rather bad experience with some meds my Dr. Fronkinsteen prescribed to me. Supposed to be a cholesterol and anti-depressant. Blood pressure went well beyond "safe" for 2 days. He didn't know was his excuse.
    When ya go to Houston, I'm assum'n to cut the grass, take your mom's gardener with ya. Hee Heee, that would be funny.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, Billy Bob I am trying to avoid love letters from my HOA not increase them.

      Have not seen hide or hair of him in weeks and he is still not finished cutting the weeds that he was hired to mow back in December. Worthless, simply worthless...

      Delete
  3. Good Grief Girl!
    You need a day off for yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bummer about the medication. I've had that happen twice and was sicker than a dog for about 8 hours. Hope you can slow down some now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess this problem is more prevalent than I imagined. I am sorry you were sick for 8 hours.

      Delete
  5. Things have got to get better, right?

    I live in Houston, so if there is anything I can do for you from this side, just let me know! I'll be glad to help if I can!

    Take care of Mom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think things would get better. This morning I was looking at the expiration date of the samples he gave her and one of them was expired. Glad I checked :-(

      Thank you for the kind offer Mr. Hermit but I think I have it under control.

      It is always nice to see you. Thanks for the visit.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.