Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Summer in February?

The trees are in full bloom, the weeds and what little grass Mom has seems to grow in uncontrollable increments with each passing day.  I need to do something about it while I still can.  With that in mind I got up early so I could go check out the local stores to see if the weedeaters and/or electric lawn mowers were on sale.


Why electric?  Because in my estimation they are lighter and easier to use than gas powered ones.  One thing I wish I could find is a light weight gas weedeater but they are all very heavy and with my bad back it would put me out for several days and NO, I am not calling Mata Gatos.





Remember that shed that I liked at Home Depot the last time I was there but was closed?  It was open today.  I really liked it but when I looked at the price the first thing that came to mind was “I could buy ten acres in Terlingua”.  Maybe I should get rid of all of my stuff and then I would not have anything to store or transport from Houston to Del Rio.




This is what my little shed in Houston needs but alas I don't know how to install it :-(

The flowers at the garden shop in Home Depot and Wal-Mart were absolutely gorgeous and at a good price, but I was strong and decided to pass up on them.  Billy Bob I did buy me a folding table like you have but in black so I can go down to the local park and try to see if I can get a better reception when I use my Magicjack, if not I am not going to renew my service. Of course the table will also be used at the next chili cook-off !!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. I'm think'n Mata Gatos, mom's gardener, would appreciate a brand new mower and weed eater. I'm also think'n there ain't no way to get rid of weeds....even with fire. They always come back.

    That shed sure would make a nice starter cabin in Terlingua, but would probably only last a couple years. And like you say, over priced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mata Gatos will NEVER get his hands on my future lawn mower or weed eater!!!

    Two years ago when you tried salt I tried burning them (before the burn ban) and nope it did not work, they came back and meaner than ever :-(

    Was looking for my Hulla Hoe and could not find it. Then I remembered that the last time I saw it was when I went to visit you at the San Pedro Campground and how I forgot to ask you how to properly use it. It has been in the back on dad's now non- working car since then.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.