Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, February 17, 2012

Governors Landing - Lake Amistad, Texas

Of the five campgrounds at Lake Amistad, my favorite has got to be Governors Landing.  It is located high up on a hill and though not suited for larger motor homes do to its narrow clearance, it is ideal for tent campers, small trailers or medium size motor homes.





My favorite campsite is #5 because it is at the very back and gives you more privacy.  Not that I was going to be camping today but I needed some alone time.  Took my netbook so I could make some long distance calls using my MagicJack.  However with my severe case of CRS (Can’t Remember Nada) I forgot to bring an old fashion corded phone, and the telephone number of my HOA.









Decided I would go online but there was a very weak signal and not even my blog page would load.  Back to my CRS…I have got to remember that Cricket Broadband or for those that have a Cricket cell phone the signal ends when you cross the bridge over Lake Amistad and I was at that very spot.







Lake levels have noticeably gone down as you can tell by looking at the bridge pillars. Was wondering how low they looked from the dam so set out to find out.  About three weeks back they released a lot of water to help levels at Lake Falcon; I guess the International Water Commission knows what they are doing.








I was very surprised to see that they are building a new Amistad Dam Land Port of Entry and how far along it was (more about that in a future post).



When you head out to view the lake from the dam you are in essence heading to Mexico that is why you see the cigarette as well as the firearms warnings on the way.








You can walk to the middle of the dam where the statue of the American as well as Mexican eagles are located but as you can tell from the pictures it was cloudy, gray and  on the cool side so will get pictures on another occasion.







On the way back to town I stopped at the Exxon on the left side of Highway 90 East if you are coming from the west.  This is the only gas station by the lake that has reasonable gas prices and the only gas station in town that has free air and water like in the old service stations. 


Price at Exxon in Lake Amistad

In the picture it shows regular selling for $3.47 but when I got to the pump they had lowered the price to $3.45 the going price today inside the city limits of Del Rio. They have very clean restrooms and a friendly staff.  I highly recommend them.


Price at Exxon in Del Rio city limits


8 comments:

  1. Nice informative post an' a gazillion pics to look at. That Exxon station is about the only station I can get into in Del Rio to refuel "Sally da house".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it Billy Bob. When I pulled in "Sally da house" came to mind.

      Delete
  2. nice pictures. Please post something on my blog, I want to see if I got rid of the fuzzy words. I have been playing with the settings but I need confirmation. thanks, the mohave rat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Done Mr. Rat you have successfully gotten rid of the fuzzy words.

      Delete
  3. I see you got rid of your fuzzy word problem, smarty! the rat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to Mr. Rat, I could not make my readers go through that.

      Thank you for getting rid of them on your blog as well.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the photo's, I've always wanted to go there, but have never taken the time out to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is well worth the drive even on a cloudy day. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.