Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Easter Saturday - San Pedro Campground

Have to mention that I had to practically force my mother to go driving around with me.  She thinks camping is silly and dangerous for single women.  She had fallen asleep but as soon as I entered the San Pedro Campground the rough road woke her up and said “Oh no, not here again!”  hahahaha, that was just too funny :D

This campground is the largest in the Lake Amistad area but is also the most under used.  I was happy to see campers taking advantage of it but there were not as many as last year.  Could gas prices be the culprit?

If you follow Billy Bob http://billybobsplace.blogspot.com/
you know that this is their campground of choice precisely because of the solitude and privacy that it affords.


This pavillion has to be reserved.  Finally someone is putting it to good use.




Only one tent in the walk-in camping area.


If I am not mistaken I think this family is camping by Billy Bob's campsite.
That looks to be his tree.


UPDATE: 

I have been receiving warnings from the weather channel of a severe thunderstorm headed to Del Rio from Juno since 11:30 p.m. It is now 3:31 a.m. and we just had a storm go through.  Hope the campers specially the ones in the Amistad Recreation Areas did not get soaked since the in-town storm really was not that bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.