Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, April 16, 2012

True to my Procrastinating Ways

Last week when we were heading into town I spotted a DPS vehicle coming the opposite direction, as soon as he passed me I saw him make a U-turn and I knew he was going to stop me.  He was behind me for about a minute but it seemed like an eternity and I knew I was going to get a ticket for having an expired inspections sticker.  Lucky for me he passed me and pulled over a truck in front of me with paper license plates.


If you are ever in Del Rio and need to fix a flat or have your car inspected
I highly recommend this family owned business.

First thing on the agenda this morning was to get a new sticker so as not to get paranoid each time I see a law enforcement vehicle.  Second was to go to the post office to drop off my Income Tax Extension Form along with a check…you really did not think I was actually going to mail my completed tax return did you?  I will tackle that before October 15th, as I cannot go through what I did last year!



A lot of the bloggers I follow are planting stuff and their gardens are off to a great start.  I have a brown thumb but I decided to invest a dollar and bought me a Roma tomato plant, we will see how that goes.  Any bets on how long it will survive?



Gas prices are holding steady at $3.79 for regular unleaded.


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. our gas prices are the same, and all the way to San Antonio, was too. Topped out?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you didn't get a ticket. The Roma I had here last year did OK until I put it outside. Didn't take it long to go after that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure glad I did not get one either.

      Hope my Roma survives ME :)

      Delete
  3. My inspection expired in September and the Houston cops have no sense of humor! I was so happy to nfind your blog...via...stalking tffn. I will be back home in Sept and hope to see you when you come for the cook-off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Frann!!! So glad to hear from you and also glad you found my blog, even if that meant stalking Tffn :D

      In all the years I lived in Houston I never got a ticket for my expired inspection stickers, one year I went a whole year without getting a new one...shhhhh...don't tell nobody.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.