Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Garden Shears are your Friend

I apologize to you all nice folks for boring the heck out of you with my yard work posts but as you know this is not only a blog but also my Cyber Journal.  I still have my spiral notebook journals… but I am lazy and besides I cannot post pictures there… as you know a picture can speak a thousand words!


Have been in the market for some decent pruning shears since my old ones have pretty much given out after years of use.  Thought I had bought them ten years ago but found my receipt and I purchased them in 1991.  Some long time Houstonians might remember this very popular and now defunct store that was located in southwest Houston called Auchan’s and that was larger than a Super Wal-Mart.


Went to price them at Home Depot, Wal-Mart, Harbor Freight and Big Lots and found the winner at Big Lots.  I was only looking for the pruning shears but found a three for one special that I could not pass up.

The grass was too tall on the southeast corner of my yard to be cut either by my electric lawn mower or my small electric weed eater.  So I went to work using the garden shears and found they work great!


There is a stray dog that has puppies and has taken up residence in the unoccupied house next door.  I have caught her twice in my yard but could not figure out how she was getting in.  Caught her red handed!  I think that is the reason the dogs were barking last night.



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

12 comments:

  1. You could always name your yard "that yard" like I did "that jeep" and "that floor"....for the same reasons...$$$$$ & work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Which yard would I call "that yard" mom's or mine? I hate working on them both!

      Here I thought you were going to say something about me still having my receipt for the pruning shears. As you know I keep ALL of my receipts.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a patch job on the fence will take care of the dog problem.

    BTW we now have a volunteer fire department for this end of Terlingua. We started the charter last night at an unexpected pre 4th of July party that popped up here. I'm now one of the firemen. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patch job on the fence? Sorry...you got the wrong girl! All I could muster was to put a concrete paver against the loose fence post :(

      Congratulations Mr. Fireman! You guys have so much fun out there and have plenty of "unexpected parties".

      Delete
  3. I need one of those. Yesterday I tried to clean out the carburetor, etc. and now the dang lawn mower will not start. Dug an old cheap electric weed-eater out of the shed that hadn't been used for years and tried to cut the dogs yard. Got it half done and the cord got used up. Of course I don't have any extra.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that your dogs have their own "yard"!

      Carburetors, spark plugs, air filters, oil changes and specially having to deal with gasoline are why I only use electric lawn mowers.

      Delete
    2. But you don't have 12 acres; of course I don't cut it all and also have 53" wide cut JD lawn tractor. Have a Far all 200 but it doesn't run any more so that is why I don't cut the whole place any more.

      Delete
  4. Will Animal Control come and pick up the mom and her pups? They will spay and neuter her and the pups before they are adopted.

    If not, you might have a whole yard full of homeless dogs born there in 8-10 months time.

    Happy Trails, Penny, TX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have no idea Penny as I have never called Animal Control before but did spot it twice but at the neighbors house though I do not know the reason for them being there.

      The vacant house next door is in terrible condition, it looks like an overgrown jungle and it would be difficult for them to enter the backyard. Besides I do not know if they can enter private property.

      Delete
    2. If the house is vacant, and there is no one to give permission to go on the private property, Animal Control, or some Rescue, should still come and pick them up, as the mom and pups are abandoned and need help.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.