Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, September 15, 2018

Kahlua with ice cream

I do not know what is wrong with me, I have been getting up very late this past week.  I am tired yet I have not done anything substantial to merit such tiredness.

The mosquitoes are terrible and they are even inside the house.  I know I should not complain in particular with all the flooding in the wake of now tropical storm Florence taking place in the Carolina's but I am really sick of all the rain.

It is currently raining right now and the weather forecasters told us to expect from three to four inches tonight and tomorrow.  I briefly considered going to buy two additional trash cans to capture more rainwater but the thought of going to Walmart on the weekend made me change my mind.

Remember the trash can I tried to repair with duct tape but failed?  It has been put to good use by the cats.


This evening as I washed dishes I watched old episodes of Anthony Bourdain - Parts Unknown,  boy did he used to eat well!  Anderson Cooper once remarked that he had the palate of a five-year-old yet Anthony would try to push his limits and have him try exotic food.  I laughed when he said that because I feel the same.

After watching the Berlin and Quebec episodes I so wanted a glass of wine or a beer but I do not have any.  All I have is a bottle of Tequila (that I bought a couple of years ago for Terlingua) and a bottle of Kahlua that I use to spike my eggnog during Christmas.

Today is Mexican Independence Day and I could have had a celebratory shot of Tequila, though I don't really like Tequila unless it is served in the form of a frozen Margarita.  I think the last margarita I had was in 2013 at Taco Cabana in Houston.

Mother wanted some ice cream for dessert...then I said to myself, why not have Kahlua with ice cream?  For ME, not her. It was different but tasty, though I would rather have a beer.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


.

6 comments:

  1. Kahlua and ice cream, or coffee, or over pancakes... sounds tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW bigfoot has the idea. I have had it with ice cream and in my coffee, but not pancakes.

    When Your rain barrels are full to you cover them? They sure will breed the skeeters. They have stuff you can add to the water to keep the skeeters from breeding in the water. Hate those nasty things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know it is feast or famine in the desert, that is why I went with trash cans so I could cover them and prevent contamination from bird droppings or mosquitoes and other varmits from laying their eggs.

      I also put out buckets or anything that will hold water but I am quick to pour them into 5 gallon buckets or plastic containers and cover them up as well for the same reason.

      Delete
  3. When I was in college White Russians were very popular (at least with co-eds). Kahlua, cream (or even better, ice cream like you!) plus I think Vodka maybe? So, so good. Like a coffee milk shake with a buzz!
    I don't drink anymore but I loooved 'em on Sixth St back in the day. As I recall, the trick was to drink as many as you needed to be able to forget how many calories they were. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never had a White Russians until I went to Terlingua and it was just a tad too sweet but what the heck it did its job!

      I am not a friend of hard liquor. I believe I only drank Vodka once in my life...and it tasted AWFUL!

      However, when you don't have what you want on hand, one tends to "improvise" :D

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.