Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, September 17, 2018

Heavy downpours continue

The rains do not want to leave us. The only saving grace is that we have a few hours in between heavy downpours and I get to go outside to sweep away the rain puddles, no more bailing water. The horse pine pellets have worked very well in absorbing the excess rain that I can not capture as I am out of trash cans and five-gallon buckets.

This afternoon I was finally going to head into town when the weather guy said we were minutes away from another heavy storm.  Sure enough went outside and the sky facing south (Mexico) was very black. There has been a lot of flooding in Mexico as well.

I do not drive in the rain, so I changed clothes opened a can of soup and made us another ham and cheese sandwich for dinner.  That is another trait my tall weathered cowboy MUST have...he needs to be a good cook!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. If you're getting breaks between the storms it's not as bad as it could be, 40 days and 40 nights comes to mind... :-)
    With that joke out of the way I'm glad I'm not down in the Carolinas..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad I'm not in the Carolinas either. I can not imagine the nightmare they are going through.

      Delete
  2. I have to laugh - was reading your comment about changing clothes and opening a can of ... (my mind read "beer".) I would have changed clothes and opened up a can of beer, but I guess soup is just as good for the occasion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would have loved to have opened a can of beer. On a prior post I was lamenting the fact that I did not have a single beer or glass of wine in the house so had to settle for ice cream and Kahlua.

      Hope to rectify that situation as soon as I can make a trip to town :)

      Delete
  3. You sure have plenty of rain water saved now. Soup is great for rainy days. I guess we are going to get some of that rain tomorrow and Thur. with 80 degree temps but nobody mentioned the humidity. Glad your horse pellets are working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not complain, I do have enough rain water that hopefully will last me for some time to come. My goal is that when I finally make my move to Terlingua I will have this down pat.

      Wish I was able to make yummy homemade soup like you and Barney make...but the "culinary fairy" passed me by...so I have to settle for canned soup :-(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.