Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, October 14, 2018

First cold front of the season

It is Monday, October 15th at 1:33 a.m.  I have my blog set to Pacific time in order to give me an additional two hours to write my post as I don't usually go online until close to midnight.

We have been warned by the San Antonio weather forecasters (we get our news coverage from that city which is located 144 miles east of Del Rio) to expect heavy rains this evening and I was focusing on that and completely forgot about the wind factor.

At 12:50 a.m. the winds began and I am hoping the cat carrier which I left outside will not be slammed into my mother's bedroom window.  I just do not want to go outside at this hour,,,not because of the wind...but because of the cats.

Paquito is a like a spoiled kid who does what he wants when he wants.  If he sees me carrying laundry or anything he knows he can pretty much beat me and rushes inside the kitchen before I can close the door.

I wish they would go seek shelter in the garage but they hang around the kitchen porch.

Now the thunder and rain has begun so I will log off before the electricity goes out.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

11 comments:

  1. I'm hoping you came thru alright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wind was very strong but at least it did not fling the cat carrier. Many trees branches fell which is good so Pollito can haul them off when he finally comes to complete the 3 day job that has stretched to over two weeks!

      True to form we lost power until 11:30 a.m. this morning.

      Delete
  2. C-c-c-c-old here too. Not getting out of the 40's today means day off for me! You were supposed to get a lot more rain over there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know whether to congratulate you on a day off or not. This is lousy weather I do not mind the cold so much as the rain we do not need anymore. Unfortunately, mother nature does not care what I think and more is in the forecast for the coming days.

      Delete
  3. The front hit here in Rockport at 0900 right on schedule. Brrrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went from 88 degrees to 44 in a span of less than 24 hours. What happened to autumn?

      Delete
  4. Wait. You wrote this Monday October 12? Is your blog set to the year 2015 too? ;-o

    It's Monday Oct 15 in 2018 where I am way east of you & the rains & wind yall sent over 3 years ago via the same weather front brought some very damp coooooold here this morning.

    (The outdoor thermometer on the veranda reads 68 but feels much chillier because it's wet, which means I had to go back & get a jacket. It was way warmer when I dressed at 7!)

    I don't blame your kitties one bit for wanting to be near the toasty kitchen instead of a garage.It's too early for this fall weather.Brrrrr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hit the wrong key and did not proof read my blog in an effort to get my post published before the power went out. We were without electricity for almost 10 hours.

      You lost me Leilani what weather system over 3 years ago?

      Stay bundled up.

      Delete
    2. Lol, I get it now...jajajajaja!

      Delete
  5. This is such nutty weather, it didn't rain today but it was very cloudy and chilly, but I still opened windows and doors with fans running so the house could get aired out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JO, I apologize for the late reply as I have not been on line for a couple of days.

      Glad you had a chance to air out your house. I wanted to do the same here but mother made me turn on the heater instead.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.