Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

The last of the rains

It rained a lot last night and continued until noon today. I had to take mother to her doctor's appointment this afternoon so welcomed the cease in the rains that have been a constant since September.

I would say today the temperatures were somewhere between the mid 50's to the low 60's in my book quite comfortable. Had to smile when I saw people at the doctor's office as well as at HEB with heavy jackets, coats, hats, and scarfs :D

It was easy to see who were Del Rioans and those who were winter Texans. One older gentleman, in particular, caught my eye as he was wearing shorts, a t-shirt, and flip-flops.

Today I learned something new perhaps the information might come in handy for another person with senior parents. Mother was due for her annual flu shot and her doctor told me that they had run out of flu shots for 65 plus.  I had no idea there were two types of flu shots...those for under 65...another for those over 65 years of age.

Since this is also my Cyber Journal I need to document she was given a Prevnar 13 shot today (pneumonia vaccine).

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


6 comments:

  1. No flu shots for me ..ever.
    I had the flu once when I was in early my 20s.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not always gotten a flu shot but a couple of years back I was almost on my death bed. Since then I have taken every opportunity to get one in particular if they are "free".

      Delete
  2. Your header picture reminded me of Quartzsite in the winter.... lot's of RVs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quartzsite is one place that I would like to visit someday.

      Delete
  3. I sure hope we have seen the last of the rain for awhile, like you in TX. here in AZ. we have had record amounts of rain. We don't complain but it sure is nice to see sun.

    I would like to go to Quartzsite this winter talked to a friend who is already there and has been even when the temps were triple digits as she was making it her new home base and it took longer than she expected. It sure wasn't fun for her and her pets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sun certainly makes all the difference. I think I have enough liquid gold in my rain catchment to last me a couple of months.

      Is your friend camped in BLM land?

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.