Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, May 9, 2019

There are still kind-hearted souls around

Time and time again I notice that if I have a busy day the next day I am dragging, the same held true for yesterday. Since the only thing I bought in Ciudad Acuña on Tuesday was hot sauce I needed to make a grocery run to HEB.

I needed to buy things that are mostly found at the main HEB store. I have found that besides arriving early in the morning (which is not something I like to do) arriving after the lunch hour rush between 1:30 to 3:00 p.m. it is less crowded.

By now most of you know about my issues with insomnia. A couple of months ago I tried Peppermint Tea and found it relaxed me and allowed me to go to sleep with less effort.  I have tried to find it in Mexico and was surprised that the teas they had were imported from the USA or Europe and were not cheap.


Today I found some as well as one that calls itself Sleepytime Herbal Tea.  I did not buy it but need to look into it.


I wrote about the stray cats at HEB on a prior post a couple of years ago. There were at least a dozen or so the last time I spotted them but today there was only one.


There is now a chain link fence and he is in the space that was once a former dealership and that HEB bought and demolished but he can go around the fence and easily eat or drink the food and water kind-hearted souls or perhaps even HEB employees leave for them.



You can tell the food bowls are new and I was so happy to see that someone had left them plenty of water.  That made my day :)


I wanted to make a quick stop at Dollar Tree but the skies looked menacing so I headed home.  Got there just in time to bring the clothes in from the clothesline, feed my own strays and then the skies opened up. With all the rain we have had lately I have no more room in my rain catchment, therefore, could not save anymore.

Good night,  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


NBA Corner

I was so tired I kept on dozing off during the Rockets vs Golden State Warriors game last night that I decided to tape it so I would not miss out on anything important.  This morning I re-watched the second quarter and could not believe the Rockets could not pull off a win with Durant out of the line-up and how few points James Harden, as well as CP3, scored in that interval.

I hate to say this to my Houston real life friends but I think GSW wins in six...sure hope I am wrong!


15 comments:

  1. It is so sad stray animals aren't rounded up and spayed or neutered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made sure to look at his (hers) ears to make sure it did not have a notch (do not know if that is the proper terminology) that vets make on feral and stray cats to designate that they have been spayed/neuter and then released back on the streets. This one did not.

      Del Rio in particular Val Verde County needs to spend more money because the stray population of both dogs and cats is clearly out of control.

      Delete
  2. I know what you mean about the next day being warn out. Good thing you headed home today and was able to get your dry clothes in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know whether to mention this to my nurse practitioner on my next visit, surely she will tell me I need to exercise...and she would probably be right.

      I am glad I was able to take the clothes down in time because we do not have a drier and I would have hated to have to take them to the laundromat to dry.

      Delete
  3. Nice to take it a bit easier today and good to get your laundry in before it rained.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We both have Sleep Apnea and one of the side effects is Insomnia. We have used the Sleepy Time Tea and it helps to calm you down enough to sleep with no side effects.
    Also found out Mellatonin (Not sure on the spelling) is something your body produces naturally but as you age not always enough. They have supplements that are not habit forming but help you to relax enough to sleep.
    Nice that someone is looking out for the stays.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you both have tried the Sleepy Time Tea, I think I may buy it on my next grocery run. I tried Melatonin in the past but it did not work for me.

      It does my heart good to see that someone is looking out for these strays.

      Delete
  5. Both getting the laundry in before the rain and having full rainwater catchments are good things! Someone feeding the strays & finding sleepytime tea are good both things.

    Writing a blog about good things in your day is a good thing in it self!

    I'm getting carried away... have a pleasant Friday MsBelinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In hindsight I did have a good day yesterday. You have a pleasant Friday as well Rob.

      Delete
  6. You were RIGHT ON! GSW in 6. I am very impressed with your prediction and will count on your insight in future contests!

    Hate to see a 3-peat but at this point it sure looks inevitable. Perhaps the traitor will make them work hard for it? At this point I am really having difficulty staying interested. My Astros on the other hand are really doing well in both pitching and batting. I love returning to the good ol' days and listen to them on the radio broadcast. The 2 radio guys (Robert Stone and Steve Sparks) are great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gives me NO pleasure to have predicted the outcome. This was THEIR YEAR after CP3 went down with a pulled hamstring last year. They spent all year saying if they had only had CP3 healthy they would have won.

      The Rockets did not play with a sense of urgency and Harden just danced around with the ball, misses free throws...it was awful! I am sorry for all my friends who love their Rockets as much as I love my Spurs.

      I am impressed with some other teams and I think there is a good chance GSW will not 3-peat.

      Delete
  7. I shouldn't be, but I'm happy for Kawhi. Maybe I have a kind-hearted soul like the title of this blog entry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The two game 7's played on Sunday were a well deserved treat to all the NBA fans that love this sport.

      Perhaps I maybe wrong (CRS) but these playoffs have the most competitive I have had the privilege to watch.

      Kawhi cemented his place in NBA history with that unbelievable clutch shot.

      You are a better person than I. All that came to mind at that moment was "that could have been us".

      Delete
    2. Meant to say "these playoff games have BEEN the most competitive".

      It is difficult for me to type from a cellphone.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.