Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, May 2, 2019

If you are going to cheat...cheat BIG :D

Woke up to a cloudy and humid day.  I needed to swing by the post office as well as pick up some more individual packaged salads and avocados to go with the turkey leg I shredded yesterday.  I do not know if that is the proper terminology as you know my culinary skills are not the best...is it shred or debone?

I took this picture from across the street. This parking lot
does not belong to HEB and is closed to the public.
As usual, I got a late start and the parking lot at the regular HEB was over-flowing so I headed to "little HEB" on Pecan Street which is smaller and less crowded. When we moved to Del Rio this was the biggest grocery store in town.  Being a one car family like most at the time we walked to the store for groceries.

As can see it has a small parking lot and is
caddy-corner to the Val Verde County Courthouse.

They say you should not go grocery shopping on an empty stomach because you tend to purchase items you had no intention of buying.  However, at the bargain price of .74 cents for a 16 oz On The Border Café Style Fiesta Size chips a few made their way into my shopping cart.


The store specials are valid from Wednesday to Tuesday.  Since I never saw the 30-pack of Natural Light for $16.98 on last week's ad, I swung by that aisle to see if they still had it this week and they did.


Not having had a chance to have eaten all day I decided what the heck...I would cheat again this week...so headed to Whataburger while it was still early 3:24 p.m. and the dinner crowd had not arrived.


Went to run more errands since we are expecting severe storms this evening and rains for the following couple of days.  Believe it or not, I was still hungry so if I had already cheated why not make it worthwhile and at the same time avoid Del Rio's version of rush hour traffic?


So stopped at Burger King and had their $1.00 Café Mocha Frappe.  I do believe I consumed about 5,000 calories today...and guess what? I do not feel even the least bit guilty :D

This evening we had severe storms, thunder, lightning and in the northern part of Val Verde County close to Comstock, Texas a tornado but it was in a mostly remote area.  I decided to shut down my computer, modem and cable box to be on the safe side after the City of Del Rio Emergency System called the citizenry.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



18 comments:

  1. Ok....we will be patiently waiting. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Then I'll be back tomorrow to read today's post! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saved the spot so the date would not change and if someone came in later they would never know it if I had not told them.

      Delete
    2. It's Saturday morning ... It looks like you had a fine day! Any day with a stop at Whataburger is (in my mind) a fine day!

      Delete
    3. I think I would have to agree with you Rob.

      Delete
  3. Turkey legs, chips, What-a-meals, Frappe mochas......are you pregnant? Congratulations! When's the blessed event????

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I'm a baaad puddytat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, you are not sorry...remember I am half bruja and can read your mind.

      Are you ready for tonight's games? My chips and I are :)

      Delete
    2. It's hard for me to watch Eastern Conference for some reason. Looking forward to Thuggets and Jailblazers though. We're getting hammered right now with T-storm. Hope the lights don't go ou.......... *

      Delete
    3. I know what you mean about the Eastern Conference games. The Milwaukee Bucks and Boston Celtics was pretty even until Milwaukee pulled ahead.

      I get a kick out of the names you give rival teams. I am watching the San Antonio radars and you are getting pounded hopefully the threat of hail does not materialize nor the potential for 60 mph wind gusts.

      Delete
  5. Seems like you weathered the storm OK!
    Boy all that junk food has my mouth watering. I love junk food and haven't had any in quite some time. I was supposed to go shopping today and never went(what else is new) I know tomorrow I'll be sorry since it will be Sat. so I'm sure I won't go then either. Enjoy your treats and think of me :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Del Rio did OK, I am currently at the library (Saturday afternoon) came to read both the Ciudad Acuña as well as Del Rio newspapers. It seems that Ciudad Acuña took the brunt of the storm once more.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.