Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Bad Lab Report

Got up early as I had a doctor's appointment this morning.  I already knew it was going to be bad because I go to Ciudad Acuña for my labs and had seen the results.  I keep a daily log of my blood pressure readings.  In a nutshell, my cholesterol levels, blood pressure, and glucose levels are all elevated and need to be addressed.

I have had high levels of cholesterol all my adult life and high blood pressure runs in my family. She gave me the option of trying to lower my cholesterol on my own or with medication and frankly I am tired of trying to reign it in alone so asked to be put on medication.

She doubled my BP dosage from 50 mg to 100 mg and while my A1C has gone up it does not warrant medication yet. I also have to exercise...that is easier said than done :-(

The heat has been stifling it got to 101 with a heat index of 109 degrees.

It was so hot I did not stop to fill-up...perhaps I should have since with this Iran drama prices certainly are going to increase.  Going prices in Del Rio today...

At HEB

At Exxon...



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

17 comments:

  1. I paid $2.31 (cash) this morning in the car.
    We should be heading north (then west) in the RV tomorrow, I was looking at gasbuddy.com and the prices just go up as you head west.
    The gas future prices are climbing again too. https://money.cnn.com/data/commodities/ Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are paying the same price as at HEB in Del Rio. No surprise that gas future prices are on the rise :-(

      Have a safe trip tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the labs. Glad you have Acuna across the fence. With today's news, maybe good idea to tank up now. Ojala que tenga muy buenas suerte!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just reminded me of something I forgot to post...darn CRS!!!

      The six labs I had would have cost over a thousand dollars at the local hospital as I have no insurance. In Ciudad Acuña I paid $1,145.00 Mexican Pesos at an exchange rate of $18.00 pesos to one US dollar for a total of $63.61 USD.

      Gracias Hachita.

      Delete
    2. I would go across the border for all medical services if I lived close to it. The cost of medical care in the US is a disgrace, and for all the high cost, it isn't necessarily better.

      Delete
  3. Sorry about your labs the only one of those problems I don't have is high blood pressure.
    I better gas up tomorrow at $2.65 won't be getting any cheaper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JO, consider yourself lucky not to have high BP. I kind of regret not having filled up...I still have 3/4th's of a tank left but I want to top it off before the price increase.

      Delete
  4. I had the high blood pressure and Cholesterol as well but is pretty well under control.
    Love the price of your gas. Ours has dropped quite a bit lately and still $4.15 a gallon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you have both BP and cholesterol under control...hoping to do the same.

      I'm pretty happy with the gasoline prices for now hoping they do not go up.

      Delete
  5. I take both blood pressure and thyroid medications. Like my ole Mama used to say, "getting old ain't for the faint of heart".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately in my case I have been taking both high blood pressure as well as cholesterol medication since I was in my 30's and from the looks of it probably will have to continue until the day I pass on.

      Delete
  6. My closest Murphy is $1.99 before discount according to Gas Buddy but I am not going to even try. The other one about 2 miles away is $2.13 and wouldn't have lines. Like you I do not like lines! Not even to save a buck and change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is a .14 cent difference so depending on how many gallons I am going to buy and how long the line is I would perhaps consider the closer location and just go early in the morning? Noting that I am not a morning person I know it sounds like a contradiction :)

      Delete
  7. I was right in the middle of writing this evening's post when the lights went out at 9:10 P.M. due to a severe thunderstorm.

    In the most severe part I had leaks in the usual places. It was dark outside except for Mexico...how is it that they never lose their power?

    The neighbors across the street got their's back but not us and it is getting pretty hot without A/C.





    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.