Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Yard work is NOT fun...:-(

I was unable to go to sleep until after 4:00 a.m, so it isn't any wonder that I had to drag myself out of bed to do my morning chores and then force myself to pick up all the limbs that litter both the front and back yard after Friday's storm as tomorrow is trash day.

Last night it rained again and the backyard was once again a slippery muddy mess.  When I do yard work I wear jeans, a long-sleeved t-shirt, rubber boots, garden gloves, and my hat.  It reached 96 degrees today but I knew if I took a break I would NOT get back to it so stayed outside until 3:30 p.m. though I had not eaten.  I am so glad I got that over with!

I had no idea there were so many wasp nests everywhere as well as cobwebs. Though I was a sweaty mess I am glad I wore my usual attire or the mosquitoes would have made me more of an unwilling blood donor. At least they were limited to my face and neck.

I had every intention of driving to town to fill up my car but after I took a shower I was much too tired...will have to tackle that tomorrow or not.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


16 comments:

  1. That does not sound like fun work in that heat and all the mosquitoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to get it all done but you should have had at least a lite snack to keep your Blood Sugar in check.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the feeling of accomplishment.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't hungry and I did not think it would take me so long but in retrospect I should have eaten something.

      Delete
  3. No yard = no yard work

    Another benefit of full time RV life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As appealing as living full time in an RV is I do not have the money or knowledge to be able to do so. I am basically a stay in one place kind of gal.

      In my case it is much cheaper to hire Pollito.

      Delete
    2. That would defeat the purpose Barney.

      Delete
  4. My son, who lives on the back of my property, keeps all the grass cut. He has a big farm tractor for big jobs and a riding lawn tractor for the smaller ones. I haven't started my lawn tractor or lawn mower for a few years now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The recent rains have made my yard scream for attention. Weed pulling and mowing on the top of the list.

    Maybe tomorrow.

    It seems strange that there is no development on either side of the river in your top pic. I know it is out in the middle of no man's land but you would think different. No country for old men, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see it has been raining quite a bit your way and more on the way.

      That picture was taken on the dividing line across from the Eagles on Amistad Dam. I do believe that there is some kind of a International Treaty that stipulates how much must remain federal property for both countries.

      Further downstream there are ranches on both sides that have been owned by the same family for years and they have no intention of selling their land to developers.

      Delete

  6. Got home with a few minutes of daylight and got the front yard MOWED! No procrastinating over here. Riiiiiiight.

    Did notice a lot of blooms on the mesquite trees today driving through the country. Know what that means?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations on getting the front yard mowed.

      Now, you are just plain being MEAN...you are taunting me with the arrival of those darn mesquite pods...ggggrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

      Delete
  7. I'm so happy I don't have a lot of property anymore. This yard is enough for me. Hope you at least drank lots of water and you have a good nights sleep tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I did not eat until the afternoon I did drink a lot of water. I was so tired I actually went to bed early (for me) last night and slept for five hours straight.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.