Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Cabin Fever / New lane for trailers / Re-Opening of Amistad Dam Port of Entry

A cold front arrived Monday bringing down our temperatures to the '70s both yesterday and today.  Woke up to rain again this morning. Would have been nice to enjoy these unusual low temperatures for this part of West Texas but we are overrun with flies, mosquitoes, and wasps making it impossible to spend any time outside.

I am beginning to experience cabin fever. Have not left the house in days. First, because it was too hot, then we got a lot of rain and if I drive the car out of the garage/carport to the front gate I am going to make rut marks which I will then have to fill in. The last thing I want to do is add more things to my To Do List.

Supposedly the rain will end tonight and tomorrow we will be back up to the '90s which are the normal temperatures for this time of the year.

Forgot to mention in case anyone is planning a trip to Ciudad Acuña / Del Rio...that they have made the right lane coming back to the USA...exclusively for trailers and 18-wheelers.  So stay to the left because no one is going to let you cut in.

The hours of implementation will be Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.  Saturday's from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.



In case you are wondering why I mostly post newspaper articles in Spanish, it is because the Del Rio News-Herald our local newspaper does not hit the newsstands until 3:00 p.m. while El Zocalo an excellent newspaper from Ciudad Acuña has theirs available for sale by 5:00 a.m.


Glad I did not go the day it went into effect as per this article it generated
a bottleneck that backed up traffic to Ciudad Acuña and it took more than
two hours to cross the International Bridge.


When we leave early for San Antonio I often see El Zocalo's delivery trucks as far away as Uvalde and Castroville, Texas.

A magnified copy of the article.

There is also good news, they have re-opened the Amistad Dam Port of Entry after "We the People" complained to our Senators and they wrote a letter to CBP (Customs and Border Protection) urging them to re-open it.



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

14 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just can't win with the weather 70 degrees and to much rain to get out and horrible insects. Hope you get to go out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too JO. The good thing is that the area where the garage is gets full sun and with the high temperatures will dry out hopefully by Thursday.

      Delete
  2. What I wouldn't give for a few days in the 70's! That's the perfect temperature range as far as I am concerned, and even the 60's would be fine with me, I know what you mean about cabin fever. I seem to have it more often than not, these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would also love temperatures between 60 to 70 degrees but it is not going to happen in Texas at least not during summer time.

      Delete
  3. Not nice being stuck inside because of the bugs. Glad that we don't have that issue right where we are here at Rock Glen. Hopefully you will get out soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are in a lovely place in Canada with equally good temperatures.

      Delete
  4. Cabin fever, something I usually associate with the north. It's good to learn something new!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is true. I usually associate it with Alaska or any cold place where one is sheltered in place due to the bad weather.

      However, when I can not even go outside because of the bugs or leave the house because I am afraid of leaving ruts on the saturated ground, add to that that this is a small house...I can understand how it must be to have Cabin fever.

      Delete
  5. There is power in "we the people". Making your voices heard did the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gas prices going up so I went to Murphy and they were $2.01 (before discount) but every pump had a line and it was out to the street. Everyone else around was $2.21 and up. Reminded me of the Jimmy Carter gas crisis days at that one station. I don't like lines so truck is still on E.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had no idea gasoline prices were going up. You are so lucky to be paying $2.01 then after discount only $1.96 per gallon!!!

      Even at $2.21 per gallon it is a steal. I remember the Jimmy Carter gas crisis well but since I worked for an Oil and Gas company, I considered it a sick form of job security.

      I thought I was the only one that did not like long lines.

      Delete

    2. KENS 5 at 4:00 said gas prices were going down. Go figure!

      Did you work on an oil rig?

      jk

      Delete
    3. I held many positions during my 25-year stint in the oil patch but none involved working in an oil rig.

      I know you are kidding but perhaps I missed out on something as I would have been surrounded by men :)

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.