Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Using a shed as a home

The other day I spotted the back of what I thought was a shed.  Upon further inspection, it turned out to be a shed about to be a home for someone.  While using sheds as homes is all over YouTube I had never seen it personally.


It had two windows on both sides for excellent cross ventilation and two windows in the front.


Water had been connected to the home but not electricity for now.  Will be keeping an eye out as they progress.

Got up early to feed the boys and to get my morning chores out of the way before the dreaded heat descended upon us. The high today was 99 with a heat index of 108 degrees.

Decided to take advantage of it and hand washed a couple of my good sweaters so I can put them away for the season.  Noticed that the weeds by the clothesline had grown a lot with the latest rains so I took out my underused weedeater and whacked away.  Unfortunately or perhaps, fortunately...I ran out of string...see, I can be positive at times :D

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



9 comments:

  1. Wonder what the inside of that building looks like?? Hot and humid over here in Cut & Shoot, about 30 miles north of Houston.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For now it seems to be empty. I have seen a smaller version of this shed in Hondo, Texas but I love this larger sized one.

      Delete
  2. That looks like a nice tiny home, though is larger than our motorhome but no wheels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is far larger than a tiny house. The smaller shed version was an empty shell with lots of room.

      You are fortunate in that you can drive your rig anywhere you want.

      Delete
  3. I just read a piece on Amazon selling sheds as homes, free delivery with Prime! :-)
    I go and look at those and wonder, still a good bit of work to put in the plumbing and some walls but not impossible.
    In Maine last summer we went to an Amish place, to go to the butcher and we stopped on the way out to look at the shed-homes they were selling, not bad as I recall.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can NOT believe I have lost my reply two times where I go further in depth about your comment...darn Blogger!!!

      Basically I was touting John Wells...of The Field Lab fame for building solid little home structures in Terlingua.

      http://thefieldlab.blogspot.com/2019/06/sheathing.html

      Delete
    2. Ok, here we go again hope I do not lose my comment...

      I too read about the pre-fab tiny homes offered by Amazon with free delivery and how they sold out in practically no time.

      That would not be an option for me because I have no building skills or knowledge of how to use power tools. Add to that the fact that I am limited by a bad back and can only lift 20 pounds at the most and that would be stretching it.

      If someone knows how to build solid structures it would have to be the Amish but they are not in Texas.

      Delete
  4. We have been noticing lots of sheds that resemble smaller rural homes even with front porches that would work perfectly to house a couple. The size of that building could make a family comfortable.
    Be Safe with the Weed-Wacker and Enjoy the AC.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised that this shed structure did not have a front porch as many of the other sheds I toured made it one of its prime features.

      Were the sheds you saw located in the USA or Canada?

      Thankfully, I do not have to worry about the weed wacker as it is out of string giving me a good excuse for not using it :D

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.