Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, November 8, 2020

Pleasant temperatures / Loss of two Icons

We have been having some very pleasant temperatures, I did not even have to close the kitchen windows last night. Today I woke up to cloudy skies and it appears we might have had a very light shower or heavy dew in the morning. The sun finally made an appearance after lunch and I was able to charge my solar lights that I have neglected these past couple of days.

I was sad to learn that Alex Trebek passed away today at age 80 due to pancreatic cancer. On October 31st we also lost Sean Connery of James Bond fame at the age of 90. May they both rest in peace.

Our local Covid-19 cases are on the rise as in much of the country and the world for that matter.  Wednesday, Nov 4th I went to mail a payment whose destination was Houston, Texas and boy was I surprised when I got an e-mail on Friday afternoon letting me know they had already received it. This is the payment that was lost or delayed in the mail on two occasions this year. Just to be on the safe side I also included next month's payment as I am still contemplating sheltering in place soon.

On some of the blogs I follow bloggers have commented that once again they are limiting items at the grocery stores in their localities. It has been a few days since I have been to our local HEB. I had hoped to stop by on Wednesday afternoon but by the time I got there, there were far too many cars in the parking lot for my liking.

I did find an article indicating that some Kroger's and HEB's in Texas are in fact limiting items like toilet paper, paper towels, and sanitizing wipes. I am well stocked on these items but I would like to buy more canned goods so I have a six-month supply and not have to leave the house.

Today we had a high of 84 degrees with winds from the SE of 16 mph and gusts of 33 mph.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



9 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear you are enjoying some pleasant temperatures. I opened my front door this morning at 4:00a.m. and my truck was nearly buried in snow. It has continued all day off and on and we are at 11*. A great day for cooking and napping.
    I was sorry to hear of the deaths of those fine men.
    We have not yet seen any limits on items. But there are some sparsely stocked shelves and fewer varieties. I am glad you continue to stock up. I still believe the worst is yet to come.
    So tRump's team set up a hotline to report voter fraud and of course it's been bombarded with calls laughing at them and all manner of funny remarks. And the tRump team has to pay for each call coming in. It is all over Twitter so it has to be adding up. Idiots....
    I love the joke!
    Stay safe and well, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Penelope, I do not know how you do it! That is much too cold and now your truck is buried in snow :-(

      I was hoping my uncle had not heard about the deaths because he tends to take some of their passing personally. He tells me I will understand when I get to be his age. Though I do understand when I read the obituaries of people I went to school with.

      I had not heard about the voter fraud hotline and people calling and laughing...too funny!

      I was looking over my collection of Aunty Acid sayings and died laughing when I saw this one. Figured we could all use a good laugh :D

      You stay safe as well amiga.

      Delete
    2. CNN correspondent Kaitlan Collins just reported on the hotline number and how callers have been pranking them, lol!

      Delete
  2. Auntie Acid is so funny.

    Yes my future granddaughter posted not being able to get TP on her side of town. I'm glad I stocked up with each months large grocery orders. In my last order I don't know if the girl was lazy, confused or wanted to do as many orders as she could but did not pull lots of items on the list, one of them being coffee. Don't mess with my coffee! So this time I ordered 2 cans and figured if they tell me out of stock I was going to call the store and ask. But this was a different kid and he let me know only one item was sold out and would I mind if he pulle another item close to it and sent me a picture, I let him know that would be fine.
    Your having great weather, it was pretty chilly here and tonight cold and posibley rain. Tomorrow in the 50's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then you are seeing that in your city as well...hope she can find toilet paper that is one item one does not want to be without. Glad you got a better personal shopper this time and that he sent you a picture.

      Now that I know you like coffee I will post some funny Aunty Acid coffee jokes. Coffee makes me jittery and nervous and only drink it when I drive long distances to keep me alert and awake.

      The 50's is cold for your area bet you are enjoying that. We will be in the 80's into the forseeable future...it sure beats being in the 100's.

      Delete
  3. I love my morning coffee, and every morning I grind fresh coffee beans. Sometimes that is the best part of my day! I think I am pretty well stocked with everything I might need. I don't eat much, and probably have too much food on hand, but the things in cans will last so I don't worry about it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a serious coffee drinker when you grind your coffee beans daily!

      When this COVID-19 mess first began and the current administration was lying to us but responsible news networks were letting us know what was to come I decided to double my food stock from 3 to 6 months.

      I am afraid these coming months are going to be bad. Last week we had 39 new cases in one day and this is a small town.

      Delete
    2. Ah Ms B I wish I could report better covid news from where I am, plus or minus 300 miles NNE of you, but I can't. So I guess we are in for it for sure and I am sad because it's going to get cold, and so far I've survived well by laying low and meeting friends outdoors, with only a few lapses.
      So we'll just have to hang in there. And I may just take the Aunty Acid route.
      Good news is, we've had wonderful weather!!! Can see people outdoors!

      Delete
    3. Texas...all of Texas is not doing well including our small towns. If only this administration had taken this pandemic seriously we might have already made some significant headway in handling it. It is what it is!

      The weather has indeed been wonderful and will be for a while. We are so fortunate to have a big back yard and that I can be outside without risking my health or running into anyone but my problematic cats.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.