Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Yardwork / Ross / DD's / Miscellaneous Purchases

You know how Google Photos sends albums of what you did last year and/or 2 years ago... It was then that I saw how out of control the yard was at this same time period in comparison to now. I suppose I have to credit the freeze and the twelve inches of snow we received this year for it still being manageable. With that in mind, I have been doing some yard work and was able to fill a 55-gallon contractor bag of garden debris.

Yesterday I drove into town to pick up the mail and decided to stop at Ross a store I have not been to for months. Immediately saw an item I could use for my bad back.


I liked the fact that it could be strapped either to your car seat or in my case my chair as I did last night.



I was not looking for this next item but I could not pass up these Cedar Hanger Rings for only $2.99.


At another time in my life, I would have bought this tea kettle solely because it came in a lovely color and could be used as a decorative piece...glad I am over that phase.


Not a bad price either.


I was near DD's which is owned by the same company that owns Ross and has very reasonable prices. I use Olive Oil on my salads and even though this is Canola Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil you can not beat the price.


The following item was like it was waiting for me to show up to purchase it. I have no idea how to use it but perhaps someone that comes to help me (Triple-A guy) might be able to make it work. I  bought it without hesitation and left it in my glove box.



DD's has a lot of As Seen On TV items at discount prices. As you know I have no use for my cellphone other than taking pictures. I usually carry it in a separate bag in my purse that is hard to get to when driving. A couple of years ago I bought one of these from Amazon paying four times as much for mine so I could have the phone near me...it did not work out in the end and is somewhere in my many containers.


This evening we are expecting thunderstorms per KENS-5 they are currently falling in the northern part of Val Verde County.  I have my rain catchment ready to harvest however much mother nature decides to send our way.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day




4 comments:

  1. That Micro Mechanic looks like it might help you find out why you keep getting that message.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Precisely the reason why I decided to buy it.

      Delete
  2. You sure had quite a shopping day found lots of bargens. Have you ever used avocado oil? I wonder if is has a good taste. Those prices are really good on both items.
    Oh Auntie Acid yes indeed LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was not counting on finding so many items I did not know I needed :-)

      I have never tasted avocado oil but I considered buying the smaller bottle to try it but then changed my mind. Maybe a reader has tried it and can let us know how it tastes?

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.