Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Pre-registration / 30% Discount / Warm winter day

I got a call this morning that my appointment at the Radiology Department of the VVRMC (Val Verde Regional Medical Center) scheduled for Thursday would have to be re-scheduled as they were going to be closed this Thursday and Friday. They offered me tomorrow or next week but I opted for tomorrow so I can get it out of the way along with my labs.

Like I have mentioned before it is better to pre-register so that is what I did this afternoon. I was pleasantly surprised that there were few people and that I did not even have a chance to sit down when they called my name. I suppose people are busy at home getting ready for the holidays.

I also decided to go visit their billing department in person as I can not seem to resolve a charge that I paid back in August online and they keep on saying is delinquent. Sure enough, I had in fact paid it but I had three new invoices that I have not even received...Ok, local post office I thought you were making progress! 😖😡

She told me that if I paid them today I could get a 30% discount and that seemed like a mighty good reason to get them out of the way. The issue was resolved in ten minutes.

On the way to town, I passed HEB and gas continues to be selling for $2.569 for unleaded gasoline. Could not help but notice how packed the parking lot, the area for curbside pick-up, and the pumps themselves were.

I am down to almost half a tank but if you know me you know that I avoid lines at all cost...it will have to wait until next week or next year.

Since this blog also serves as my Cyber Journal I need to document that I got my Pfizer booster this past Friday, December 17 at the local mall. I had no idea this was a weekly event until I read about it in El Zócalo (Ciudad Acuña's local newspaper) or I would have gotten mine sooner. I tried to make an appointment last November at HEB but they were booked solid. Due to the holidays, this was the last vaccination drive of the year.


That little girl in the above picture was TERRIBLE...neither her mother nor her grandmother disciplined her...they were too busy on their phones. Note the lady in front of me is not standing six feet but more like 10 feet away from her. She was so bad a little boy with his parents in the back of me decided to go sit at some dining tables further down the line to get away from her. Much to his chagrin, she decided to go sit next to him.

This Covid vaccination drive was in charge of the Texas National Guard. I could not for the life of me find my original card but since my first two were also administered by them they found me with no problem. If there is ever a fourth booster I am going to take a small folding chair as my feet and back were killing me. I had no side effects just the usual soreness in the injection site.

On this first day of winter, it was a chilly 41 degrees this morning and the wind made it seem colder. This afternoon at 5:36 p.m., it was 72 degrees.



Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid



6 comments:

  1. So happy you got your booster shot. Yes if they have a 4th I will be right on it also. This new strain is spreading pretty fast but seems not to be as bad. But these morons who refuse to get vaccinated period are the cause of all this.
    You are having some nice weather. We went down to the 30's for night lows and in the high to low 60's for highs. But I'm not complaining I have been waiting for this weather since May.

    Of course since I gassed up last week at 3.55 it is now 3.44 just can't win sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a firm believer in science, and I will without hesitation get all the booster shots required. I hope those anti-vaxxers would quit going to the hospitals and taking up needed beds, after all, they think Covid is just a hoax. In my opinion, they should just stay home and tough it out, and if they die...so be it!

      Your gas is high but at least it is cheaper than in California. At this stage in my life, cold weather is not for me but neither are three-digit temperatures. I will enjoy this more moderate climate during the six weeks that comprise our Texas winters.

      Since you did not like your puppy Christmas present on the last Aunty Acid, I saw this, thought of you, and just had to publish it :-)

      Delete
    2. hmmm which one do I want a cruise sounds great but so do the free massages.

      Delete
    3. Since I would not want to go on a cruise right now I think I would pick free massages as well. Great minds think alike!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on securing your Covid booster Ms.Belinda. it's fortunate you are bilingual and read the local Spanish language media. I'm curious as to why the weekly TNG vaccination event is not properly decimated in the local English language media. These vaccinations combined with masking protocols have proven to be our most consistently effective measure sever complications & preventing Covid deaths. Anyway- wishing you a healthy, secure and enjoyable Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mr. Souze I am glad I got my booster shot too. The problem in Del Rio is that we lost our only city newspaper a little over a year ago and it wasn't like they published every day or kept the citizenry appraised of everything that was going on at the city level.

      Most people along the border have family in both countries and El Zócalo has found a niche in the USA publishing daily and covering events that are of relevance to their Spanish-speaking readers. I have seen their little delivery trucks early in the morning as far west as Castroville, Texas on our way to San Antonio.

      Perhaps the TNG vaccination event is covered in radio stations or on Facebook but I only have the radio in my car and I do not turn it on that often anyway, and I am not on social media.

      May you have an enjoyable Christmas as well.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.