Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, December 22, 2021

VVRMC / Face mask litter / Closed Stripes kitchen

I am surprised that I slept soundly last night as I usually do not when I have a medical appointment the following day. It was a cool morning and I would have enjoyed a hot cup of cocoa but I had to be fasting.


There were a lot of people both at the labs and radiology department. In radiology, a wealthy lady from Ciudad Acuña was there with her elderly mother. I could not help but note how poor and middle-class Americans like myself go to México for medical care while rich Mexicans come to the United States for theirs. That was also the case in Houston but there they had wealthy people from all over the world.


One disturbing thing that I have noticed is that idiots irresponsibly litter the hospital grounds with their discarded face masks.


You are required to wear a face mask at the hospital and if you do not have one they give you these blue disposable ones and those are the ones you find scattered everywhere.


I decided to treat myself to a turkey leg and/or a loaded baked potato but they did not have either at the Hot-Pit-BBQ across the street from HEB. Was heading home when I remembered my Chiles Rellenos at the Stripes truck stop only to find that their kitchen was closed until further notice...something I found odd.😕

We had a high of 83 degrees on this winter day...


Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid


4 comments:

  1. Oh no. Your Stripes is closed. Sigh. Anyway, glad you had a good night's sleep before finding that out. Warm here too today, and tomorrow is supposed to be as well....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Stripes is opened after all it is the only truck stop in Del Rio...what is closed is the kitchen. Wonder what the poor truck drivers are going to eat now? There are no other food establishments in this part of town.

      Today was a repeat of yesterday temperature-wise. It was colder inside the house than out on the patio.

      Delete
  2. Some people are just plain disgusting, not seeing to much of that around here lately but for awhile it was horrible.
    Sorry about your food not being available today. Auntie Acid is right
    on! We gave been in the low 80's here to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree at the beginning of the pandemic the number of discarded masks was very prevalent and equally disgusting.

      I guess the "fast food gods" decided I needed to stay faithful to my salads and jinxed me :-(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.