Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, December 5, 2011

Car Problems

Woke up to cloudy skies, wind and cold.  There was rain on the way to Houston so decided to postpone my trip yet another day.

Had totally forgot that I needed to renew my drivers license and I sure as heck don't plan on spending all day standing in line in Houston to do so.  Since my car is all packed and ready to go decided to drive mom's car.  Right away I noticed that it was having the same brake issue problems that the worthless mechanic was supposed to have resolved.  Really should not have driven it but since dad's old car won't start (another issue mechanic can't seem to fix) and Terlita (my camping van) has transmission issues decided to chance it.

It was a good thing I took the back roads and that there was not much traffic.  I kept on pumping the brakes to see if I could get them to catch.  As soon as I got out of the DPS office I headed back home and thankfully made it safely.

Wanted to mention that there were only two people in line in front of me and it took me 20 minutes to get in and out.  A friend of mine is coming down for a visit and I asked the lady if she could renew her license here even though she lives in Houston and she said she could. She mentioned that a lot of hunters and fishermen from Dallas and Houston like to drop by and renew their license because of our relative short lines.

Spoke to a friend in the Midland and she said they had three inches of snow on the ground with more on the way.  Our weather channel which has a bad track record in my book claims it is going to snow in Langtry (Judge Roy Beans place) about 90 miles away.

Get bundled up and may you all have Terlingua dreams tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.