Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Erroneous Forecasting

I am really beginning to loathe weather forecasters.  For the past two days we were supposed to get substantial rain by their account and to date I have yet to see a drop.  I was worried because I had to drive to Eagle Pass, Texas (about 60 miles from here) to take my mom to her doctor’s appointment yesterday.  I am not a morning person but I woke up at 4:30 a.m. and could not get back to sleep thinking I was going to have to drive in torrential rain, yeah right…turned out to be a beautiful day.

I had a lot of errands to run this afternoon but luckily finished with still plenty of daylight left to pay a visit to Billy Bob at the San Pedro Campground on Lake Amistad.  Usually this campground has few visitors but today I was happy to see that there were quite a bit of people including a Boy Scout Troop.



Sweet Sadie Mae barked alerting her daddy of my presence but since I was a welcomed guest (or at least I think I was) she just laid by his feet and listened in to the conversation.  Mr. Billy Bob is such a character; I don’t think two hours is sufficient time to spend with him.  I would need a couple of days, weeks, months just to scratch the surface.


I asked him if there was something he wanted to say to his bloggers?  He said yeah, tell them “Boy, howdy”.    Message relayed…

Have a good night and may you all have Terlingua Dreams.

2 comments:

  1. I love people like this...you can learn so much from them if you take the time to listen.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. Thanks for stopping by Terry.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.