Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Close but no cigar

This morning at 9:18 a.m. I went to check out John Wells’s blog  http://thefieldlab.blogspot.com/ to see if he had reached the one million mark yet, but it was at 999,968.  Decided to keep a close watch and see if maybe I could be that person.  But alas it was not to be, I was:

999,998


999,999


1,000,001


Congratulations to John as well as the winner from Boise, Idaho who only stayed for –0- seconds.  Maybe if he/her doesn’t materialize, I can claim his/her prize?

I am in a quandary tonight.  My Terlingua friends know that I am famous for losing my keys but in Terlingua the factor of alcohol is involved and I usually end up finding them before my departure.

I am sober as can be.  After the news I went to the grocery store then came home.  The thought of having to eat cereal for dinner did not sit well with me so decided to go buy me a patty melt at Whataburger.  I usually carry my house keys with my car keys on one of those plastic wristbands.  However, this trip to Houston I have been carrying the house keys separately.

The thing is that I lost the darn keys between my house and Whataburger.  Went back and asked if anyone had turned in my keys and searched the parking lot.  Searched my car but no keys.  It is a good thing that I gave a spare key to one of my trusted neighbors and that she was home or I would be spending the night in the driveway of my house.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

2 comments:

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.