Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Cable Rip Off

If you live in Val Verde or surrounding counties if you do not have cable you basically have a blank TV.  All of our local channels that are FREE in other cities like ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox, etc… come from San Antonio, Texas a city 144 miles away including local news as there are no television stations out here.

Just opened up Time Warner Cable e-mail saying our statement is ready to be viewed and I will be darned if they did not raise the price again.  All we have is basic cable and it is now $63.72 a month, it would really be $64.73 but if you sign up for e-statements they knock a dollar off, they are so generous.

I will take that back, if you have a TV in Del Rio even the old analog type you can get Mexico’s two main networks Televisa and TV Azteca that are transmitted via satellite from Mexico City. Of course that does not do you any good unless you speak Spanish.  Ciudad Acuna (border city with Del Rio) as poor as they are have a television channel and reporters but again you have to speak Spanish to be of any benefit. So I guess we have no choice but to keep paying their ridiculous prices or turn the cable off.  Ok, I will get off my soapbox now.

I certainly had Terlingua dreams last night, so much so that I did not get up till noon.  It was a cool, drizzly and cloudy day so conducive to sleeping in.  I have been running around in circles this whole week so today was a “do nothing day”.

It drizzled this afternoon but nothing like the rain they forecasted.  However it is raining on the way to Houston and that is interfering with my plans.  I do not drive in the rain unless I absolutely have to and if I have waited two months, I guess one more day wont kill me.

Have a good night  and may you all have Terlingua dreams.

3 comments:

  1. Who would have thought when TV first started the we would be paying $60.00+ a month for a bunch of TV channels, half of which we didn't even watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not own a TV and have not owned one for years. I have had access to Foreign TV channels where I did not understand the language well enough to carry on a conversation. However, I could tune into the News and get a pretty good understanding of what was happening in my area, and in the USA.

    If it were me I would pull the plug. But you are not me and I can understand the TV addiction, I have an Internet one. HA

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.