Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Tiny Texas Houses

The Houston Chronicle article on Tiny Texas houses http://tinytexashouses.com/ brought to mind that I have tried to stop there on several occasions but either I have missed the exit heading east or I have been in a hurry when I am heading west or a combination of both.

This time I did not miss the Luling exit as one has a better view of the houses that sit on a hill on the left side of the road when one is headed west on I-10.  Took a couple of pictures but I did not go into the sales office.








Maybe the next time I am out that direction and I am not in a hurry I will stop and see what these houses built with salvaged materials sell for.  My guess is that it is not cheap. These tiny houses would be ideal for my future Terlingua property.

I think I am getting too old for these long distance drives.  I am still recuperating from yesterday’s trip back to Del Rio.  While I was ready to go at 5:30 a.m. the rain prevented me from leaving at that time.  Decided it was best to wait it out even if it meant driving in rush hour traffic.  Of course in Houston it seems like it is always rush hour.

13 comments:

  1. Add an axle and a couple of wheels and you'd be ready to travel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way they do have a web site http://tinytexashouses.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joe for some reason on my blog the link I put is a barely visible gray color while in other blogs it is blue :(

    At the prices these tiny houses sell for I am sure they would have to do double duty as a motorhome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. B:

    We have 2 of the tiny Texas houses just up the road from us. I drive by them every day, and they are super cute.

    I was doing some research on tiny houses for my terlingua property, and ran across this youtube video. It looked SO familiar, and then I realized they were just up the road from us. Check it out:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cw2sptK-ovM

    Once again, small world...lol

    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Consider that my home is 148 sf with a bathtub, toilet, closet and lavatory in the bathroom. The rest of my home has full size bed, a couch, a two person dinette, two hole kitchen sink, microwave, oven, three burner stove top, refrigerator with large freezer, television, central heat and central A/C, more storage space than I use. It is called an Arctic Fox 22H. Most of the so called tiny houses I looked at left out a lot of required things. One even left out the entire bath room and still called itself a house. You had to put a bath room in an out house elsewhere on the property.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry thanks for the video link. Noticed that you were going to get together with the owner to check out the houses. What did you think of them up close?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barney, the third house pictured above was the only one that I walked up to. It had a glass door and had a large living room and a very small kitchen in the back. The first thing that came to mind was...where is the bathroom?

    At least to me, the bathroom is much more important than a kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. B: We haven't actually gotten together yet. They are a bed & breakfast...and on the weekends when I am home a lot, they have guests. I will probably get together with them after the first of the year. We did email each other..

    I'll let you know.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Compared to some of the tiny house pictures I've seen those are fairly large.

    ReplyDelete
  10. THat is how i am building mine, new on the inside and old looking on the out side. might be done with it , oh lets say , before Im dead.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terry I bet they are even cuter as a bed and breakfast. Will look forward to your post once you get a chance to go look at them in person.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dave I was surprised that some were that big. The photo in The Houston Chronicle had the owner and the back drop was a true tiny house. I took a picture of the newspaper it is in my prior post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Complaints? When you do complete it, hopefully before you die...share some pictures with us :D

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.