Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, March 19, 2018

March 2018 trip to Ciudad Acuña, Coahuila - México

Mother got up very early this morning so we decided to take advantage of this and go run some errands in Ciudad Acuña, Coahuila - México.

Mailing things to México from the USA is expensive and your package may or may not get there. Not because of the USPS but due to corrupt employees in the Mexican Postal Service who open mail and packages, in particular, those from the USA.

This past December I mailed my uncle an over-sized Christmas card which he did not receive until mid-February.  For all practical purposes, I thought it was lost, I am surprised it arrived at all.  My uncle wanted me to mail him some items so I headed to the Mexican Post Office only to find it was closed.

Headed to the bank and it was closed as well. Asked a gentlemen coming out of the ATM booth why the bank was closed and he said it was a long holiday weekend commemorating the birth of Benito Juarez (a beloved Mexican President of indigenous origin).

Headed to the north part of Ciudad Acuña to Aurrera (owned by Walmart) for a grocery run. Prices have gone up quite a bit since my last visit but then again they have as well in Del Rio.  Overall I saved a lot of money.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

4 comments:

  1. You regular international travelers just impress the heck out of me! :-)
    Seriously, I read a few travel blogs and your shopping trips to Mexico fit right in there with the best of them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a disappointment to find you've made the trip on a national holiday and can't get your errands all done. You need a Mexican calendar with all the holidays marked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was more disappointing because I talked to my uncle before heading to Acuña and he neglected to inform me about said holiday.

      The next time I need to mail a package from México, I will make sure I check a calendar before making the trip. I can not complain, I got a lot done.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.