Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Stormy night in San Antonio

We are in drought conditions in much of the State of Texas so I was glad to learn that we would finally be getting the much needed liquid gold.  However, we had doctors appointments in San Antonio and the weather forecast called for severe weather.  If it wasn't because I had already canceled prior appointments due to mother's fall and these are hard to come by went ahead and bit the bullet.

Monday night I had all of three hours of sleep and last night I was hoping to get some shut-eye but between heavy downpours, thunder, lightning and ambulance sirens (we stayed in the Medical Center area) not to mention my anxiety over possible hail pounding my car...which thankfully did not materialize...I barely slept.

We had an early morning appointment so as soon as there was a lull in the storms quickly loaded the car and took off.  We barely got to the doctor's office when once again storms broke out.  The good thing was that the severe weather that hit Uvalde, Hondo, and Castroville earlier this morning was a thing of the past when we headed back home.

I was happy to see that my primitive rain catchment system was full!!!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


6 comments:

  1. No damage done & your rainwater catchment is full... in spite of being tired it sounds like things went well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can understand how you feel about heavy storms when you want to sleep. I don't like it at all when it rains at night because it keeps me awake!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was comcerned because the forecast for San Antonio was not very good. The weather people were warning the public of heavy rains, flash flooding, high winds, possible tornados and what I fear most...hail.

      I guess more than anything I was worried about how I was going to get my mother in the car as well as our luggage while it was raining cats and dogs.

      Delete
  3. My area had about 4" total and no wind or hail. Thank you, Lord. Weatherfool on KENS 5 said around Hondo at one point it was raining to the equivalent of 27"/hr. Thatsa lotta watta! GSG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not help but think of the terrible hail storm and tornadoes San Antonio had last year.

      Thank goodness I do not watch KENS 5, I prefer KSAT 12. I think they might have exaggerated it a bit and that would not have helped my anxiety levels.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.