Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, March 26, 2018

They are here......

Last week my mother asked me if I had a cardboard box, told her I did.  She suggested I make a "cucha" for the white cat.  You might ask yourself, what's that?  It is a bed for a pet that they use to sleep in or safeguard themselves from the elements.  If you follow my other blog, you saw I made one for Pedrito, Tammie, Oscar, and Ralph in particular during winter months.

I found it strange as mother is not fond of cats or dogs.  If that was not enough she had me buy her cat food.  I do not feed her, I only provide her with water but did as I was told.  It appears she feels sorry for her because she is pregnant and eats mice.  Then I recalled when I was a kid she used to feed a pregnant stray Siamese cat.  Funny how I can recall that but don't remember what took place a few weeks ago.

The cat is always here so I found it odd that she did not show up at all Saturday - March 24th. She did come around yesterday Sunday where it was obvious she had given birth to her litter.  I have no idea where they might be or how many she had...only time will tell.

It has been hot and windy. This morning we got a little rain which was sorely needed.  However, we are expecting severe weather this Tuesday and Wednesday between here and San Antonio.  I am not so worried about the rain but the hail that is predicted.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! You're an abuela!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The beauty of not having had children is that I will never be labeled "an abuela"...I bestow that title on my mother :)

      Delete
  2. Did you make the cucha? Maybe she will bring the kittens to it if the weather is bad and you place some food there, or maybe you don't want her to bring them.
    I sure know how bad you all need that rain good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I made one and put some food in it (she was still pregnant at the time). From my former male cats I know they like to be perched up high and the only high spot is the top of our old washing machine.

      She did eat the food but I guess the cucha was not elevated enough to offer enough protection for her litter.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.