Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, March 15, 2018

Oh noooooo...she is pregnant!!!

The stray white cat that has adopted mother's house has never been like skinny as one would expect from a stray.  I do not feed her, I only provide her with water.  I am a cat person but I have never had a female cat.  I take that back, nine years ago the neighbors moved out and abandoned their cat, a very cute cat and I adopted her, even had her fixed only to have her get run over a short time later.

This cat thinks she is a dog...she follows me everywhere.  When I am hanging up laundry on the clothesline she will rub against me.  She has started to look a little wide around the middle and then she flipped over and I saw she had eight little pink things...what would one call them...cat titties?  I am not ready for this, I already have enough on my plate to add kittens to the mix :-(

The time change has affected my mother this year.  She does not want to get up at the new time and that gives me an excuse to go back to bed.  Neither one of us are morning people unless we have an early doctor's appointment or have to travel to San Antonio.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

12 comments:

  1. So, your new cat is going to be a mother. Does that make you a grandmother??? You are a kind gal, taking in a stray cat. We took one in one time and it worked out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dizzy, I have not taken her in...she refuses to leave!

      Delete
  2. Oh geez. Oh geez. My only comment as a former hostess to pregnant cats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is exactly how I feel though I used a little harsher language :(

      Delete
  3. Maybe I shouldn't have made that comment on March 11th. My bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not see that comment until this evening. I see you as a future kitty owner :D

      Delete
  4. Not being a cat person at all, I'd have no compunction about taking her to the animal shelter BEFORE she has the kittens. If you wait, you will either have to pay for her neutering or else see it happen again in the not too distant future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gypsy you had given me that advice before and told me to take her in a box before they open. The only problem is that they have cameras and will fine you if you do so.

      The city of Del Rio does not allow animals from the county to be admitted into their shelters.

      Delete
  5. The gift that keeps on giving, a pregnant cat!
    Not unexpected but too bad none the less. Maybe someone else is feeding her?

    On the bright side your getting to sleep a bit later!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mother's noisy neighbor down the street has this huge orange and white cat and it (have no idea what gender it might be) takes naps on the mom's cinderblock fence and is friends with the white cat. I think he might be feeding her.

      Yes, I do enjoy sleeping a tad bit late.

      Delete
  6. Sounds like the orange & white cat has been doing more than feeding her, Ms. B. ;-)

    (Oh, you meant the nosy neighbor is feeding her? Heh.)

    I hate the time changes but vastly prefer the Spring forward one to the Fall back one. My dog gets me up to go out at sunrise everyday & at least now it's at a more decent hour.

    Hope your Mom is doing well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The only thing I like about the Spring forward time change is that it gives me an extra hour of daylight when I am driving back from San Antonio.

    Mom is doing well, thank you for asking Leilani.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.