Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, March 5, 2018

Mail Clutter / Mall / Whataburger

Had to go down to the post office to mail some bills and pick up our mail.  I have signed up for e-bills wherever I can in order to manage our mail clutter.  However, I do not seem to be getting anywhere.  The main culprits are Triple-A, AARP, my credit union, my automobile insurance company and darn flippers supposedly wanting to make me an offer on my Houston house.

My next stop was the main branch of my bank. Pulled into the parking lot and it was packed, as you know I stay away from lines or crowded places. They have a branch at the local mall that has little foot traffic so chose this option.

I hardly ever go inside the mall. The only stores I frequent there are Ross and Marshalls and you do not have to go inside the mall to access them. I decided to pay Ross a visit but walked the mall.  I was so surprised that there were so many stores that have gone out of business. The few that are still open had few people...sad :-(

It was four o'clock and I had not eaten breakfast or lunch so decided to treat myself to a mushroom burger at Whataburger...I know, I am not supposed to eat at fast food joints...but I did anyway, it was delicious and I do not feel the least bit guilty about it.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Spurs Corner

I love my Spurs but sometimes they drive me crazy. This was a game we HAD to WIN!  I am glad we pulled it off but I really sweated the last two minutes.

We have a very tough upcoming schedule, so I am keeping my fingers crossed...GSG!!!


12 comments:

  1. No guilt & a good burger really go together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Until further notice I am disowning the SPURS. They are YOUR team again! TP was interviewed afer a recent practice saying "these teams come here and want to beat the Spurs". Really? How profound! How did he come up with that?

    Hopefully you'll let me jump on the bandwagon when they start being SPURS again. hee hee

    As more people get comfortable buying online (like me), there are going to be less and less brick and mortar stores. Malls are suffering the most. I don't see a this shift changing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can not believe you turned into a fair weather fan!

      I "might" let you jump back on the bandwagon but by the way we are playing it might not be until next season. Hopefully Kawhi will be 100 percent by then.

      Delete
  3. The last time I was in Wal-Mart, there were very few shoppers in there. Of course, we try to go shopping on off hours, usually on Thursday afternoons. The only televised sport that I follow is top fuel drag racing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We only have one Walmart in town the next one is 60 miles away so ours stays busy. With that said I found that when I lived in Houston, Thursday afternoons were the perfect time to visit one. To some extent it applies for Del Rio as well.

      Delete
  4. I'm with you on all the mail. And AARP is the worst. I even called and asked them to remove my address it worked for a few months then it started again. Cable company's are next and also the dish ones. So much waste.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree with you AARP is the worst. Not only snail mail but they clutter my e-mail as well. To be fair they do have good articles and pertinent information, the problem is I just do not have time to read most of it.

      Once I remove or black out my personal information I take most of the magazines and other junk mail to our recycling center. With recent elections in Texas I have a ton of political propaganda to donate.

      Delete
  5. I try to not complain about all the junk mail I get. If it wasn't for that, I wonder what the post office would do to cut our service or fold completely. I figure I will just take it to my recycling bin and enjoy the times I get "real" mail.

    I feel the same way about shopping online. Yes, it is convenient to not have to go to a store, but when there are few or no stores to go to then we will realize what we are missing. You can buy just about anything online, but personally, I like to see it and touch it, hold it, and examine the workmanship, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You just made me nostalgic Gypsy, I do not remember the last time I got "real" mail which I define as being welcome correspondence from a friend or loved one.

      Delete
  6. I have a mail box for both of my tracts of land and my junk mail is a real problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's not welcomed news, I guess junk mail will also follow me to Terlingua :-(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.