Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, July 4, 2019

California earthquake / Preparing for fireworks

Last night I went to bed early (before midnight) as I only got two hours of sleep the day before.  Woke up at 6:00 a.m. but decided to stay in bed until 8:00 a.m.  Sometimes the cats surprise me no doubt they are smart.  Paquito came to my window and started whining that he wanted his breakfast so had to get up.

Did my morning chores and by the time I was finished I was a soggy mess.  How many daily showers do I have to take?  Was going to head into town when I heard about the 6.4 earthquake that hit California and decided to watch the news instead.

The first person I thought of was blogger Gypsy of On The Road Again fame.  However, they soon posted a map of the location where it occurred and it was far away from her thank goodness.  They interviewed a lot of people via telephone and there were so many aftershocks that people were feeling them as they spoke to reporters.  So I blew my afternoon watching TV.

I am not looking forward to tonight for as soon as the 4th of July celebrations conclude in the city those same people will find their way to the county to pop more fireworks.  I know the cats will be scared but I can not bring them inside the house.

I do not know if anyone recalls that last 4th of July the neighbor three lots down lost her house due to fireworks. The same happens in Houston, I  live in Harris County and popping them is permissible.

This morning I made sure to set up the hoses just in case.  All I can do is be prepared. We had a high of 96 low of 76 with a heat index of 103 degrees.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Header Picture for this post...


12 comments:

  1. I love you little opening about finding some one who can cook.
    I called my cousin right away when she posted about the earth quake but she said they didn't even feel anything where she lives.

    As I write this some fool is shooting off fire works and the ones that shoot up. Those are illegal but no one does anything about it. And everything is so dry. But yes the hose is ready. Luckily Fred could care less about the noise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not know what it is called but the minute I saw it I just knew I had to feature it on my blog...it made me laugh and as you know it TOTALLY applies to me :D

      Glad your cousin was not affected by the earthquake. Fireworks started as soon as I made this post. The good thing is the rowdy neighbor is not at his step-father's house...at least not yet!

      Delete
  2. Love your header so true. That's why I taught myself to cook many many years ago.
    We are just watch the new about the California Earthquake sure made a mess. We don't get them much here mostly the odd Tornado.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The point of the header pic is to "find someone to cook for YOU" so YOU do not have to cook.

      No doubt Suzie lucked out when she married you as you prepare wonderful meals that you post daily on your blog and make me drool :-(

      Delete
  3. I like to eat so I learned to to cook... at least to cook what I like to eat! :-)

    It's now the morning of the 5th, I'm hope it all went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think both George and you missed the point of the header banner.

      A person like myself that HATES to cook needs to find someone to cook for ME.

      I was very surprised the fireworks only lasted until 11:55 p.m. in the neighborhood. I think a lot had to do with the fact that it was Thursday night and some people had to go to work today.

      Now this evening and Saturday night is going to be a total different animal.

      Delete
  4. As long as I've lived in CA I only experienced one quake - and I wasn't even sure of what it was. The chair seemed tok slide from side to side for a second or two and that was it. I think the quake occurred south of San Francisco. The long hot summers are the worst thing about Sacramento.

    My daughter got the last man in this part of the world who loves to cook. And he is a fantastic cook, at that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a good thing you have only experienced one quake while living in California and that is was not strong.

      We were in Mexico City when an earthquake took place and I had gone with my cousin shopping. Neither one of us felt a thing. My mother however went out looking for us knowing I had never experienced one and hoping I had not freaked out.

      Your daughter sure lucked out with Donald. I love seeing pictures of the meals he prepares. I am not much of cake eater but his cakes look wonderful and I would certainly NOT turn down a slice :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. If you like Morris...would you like to adopt Sonny? He kind of looks like Morris.

      On another topic, I am so glad Kawhi finally made up his mind. Got so sick of listening to Sport Shows where they were following his every move including Drake's plane.

      I do not know what the mystery was all of us Spurs fans knew where he would end up at.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. jajajajajajajajajaja...guess you do not want to adopt Sonny :-(

      I had no idea who he was until I watched the afternoon news :D

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.