Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, July 7, 2019

Rising gas prices / Dollar Tree / Yard Work

So glad I filled up at $2.249 because gasoline prices are on the upswing. Yesterday it was going for  $2.399 for regular unlead at HEB,


With temperatures being so high in particular the heat index levels, I have not wanted to leave the house.  However, I needed to run some errands that I could not put off for another day.  Glad I got that out of the way.

The Dollar Tree is not known for keeping the same merchandise on their shelves but they usually have bottled mushrooms or at least they have had them for over a year.  I use them on my salads but lately, there are none to be had.  If I were in Houston I would just go to another Dollar Tree but in Del Rio, I would have to drive either to Uvalde or Eagle Pass.  This is when I miss the big city :-(

Late yesterday afternoon (Saturday) I got some yard work done but not enough to make a dent. Will be calling Pollito soon.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Header picture for today's post...


8 comments:

  1. Wish we had gas prices even close to those there.
    We like fresh mushrooms on our salads, they work great for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George, I would gladly pay the two dollars extra per gallon that you pay in Canada and in exchange have free health insurance.

      HEB has different weekly free deals and one time they gave me fresh mushrooms but I had no idea how to cook them as I do not like their taste raw. Found the mushrooms in a jar more convenient.

      Delete
    2. I guess we have the best of both worlds the free health care , then in the winter the cheaper fuel, but we do have to buy health care in the states.
      We like the fresh mushrooms raw or cooked, slice them up and fry in butter oh they are so very tasty like that.

      Delete
    3. Indeed, you have the best of both worlds.

      Delete
  2. I'm in the land of 2.70 gas and looking at gasbuddy it creeps up as I head west, oh well.
    I used to buy the little cans of sliced mushrooms for my pizza, not as convenient as in a jar but they used to be around a buck.

    That is a header picture! The stream looks to be running fast.. the white water impression...

    Have a good week Ms Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even at $2.70, it is not so bad, I feel we will soon reach the $3.00 plus with what is going on with Iran.

      I used to buy canned mushrooms as well but found that I had to place them in glass containers anyway so opted for those instead.

      I took that picture back in May at my favorite park. It has a calming effect on me whenever I look at it.

      Delete
  3. Strange how gas prices differ everywhere in the States. It was up to $2.87 the other day I spotted it for $2.45 and I was in need of a fill up. Still cost me over $30. to fill the truck.

    I'm with George on how to cook the mushrooms and sometimes I add Soy sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least your gasoline prices went down. I am not complaining though because my car gives me good gas mileage.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.