Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, July 11, 2019

When is the 4th of July going to be over?

I am so sick and tired of the worthless neighbor across the street popping fireworks every night, I guess he is drunk once more and got started about ten minutes ago.  These are very loud fireworks that sound like a bomb.  He spaces them out so they must be pricey.

Why do I always get the worst neighbors?  Oh well, I think he stopped for the night.  It amazes me how an unemployed 30-year-old with a wife and three kids can leech off his parents but more amazing that they allow it to happen.  OK, end of rant!

It has been so hot lately.  Today we had a high of 102 low of 77 with a heat index of 105 degrees.
I limit my outside time and if it wasn't for the boys (my cats) I do not think I would even go out the door.

As you know I collect rainwater and out of 160 gallons, I am down to 10 gallons just from watering some of the shade trees.  I say "some" because the weeds are too high to be able to reach them all.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

10 comments:

  1. If you can figure out why you keep getting bad neighbors let me know then maybe I can figure out my problem to. He leaches off the parents because they let him.

    Yes the heat is horrible. we reached 109 today and it will just stay this way for who knows how long. No opening windows or door anymore it is to hot early in the morning already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to figure out what attracts individuals to fireworks. Does he not realize that they are traumatizing to animals? His parents have chickens, cats, dogs, and birds. Other neighbors have horses and they too get scared.

      I figured after the neighbor's house down the street burnt down the last 4th of July the people that fire them off would realize it could happen to them as well. I was wrong. Both the 4th of July and New Year's is like a war zone here.

      You are so right it is the parent's fault because they allow him to leech off of them.

      Delete
  2. That is sad to have neighbours like that can be frustrating. We are lucky here temps into the high 80's low 90's with the heat index will feel like a 100.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is frustrating to have neighbors like this. You guys are lucky in the lifestyle you lead...if you do not like your neighbors you hitch up and leave them behind.

      It has been a surprise for me now that I follow several Canadian blogs to learn that temperatures can get as high as they do in Texas during the summer months.

      Delete
    2. One thing we enjoy about this lifestyle is always on the go, We do get hot weather here as well but for shorter periods than you do.

      Delete
    3. One of the benefits of having your home on wheels is that you can escape the frigid Canadian winters which I hear can be brutal and spend time in our southern states.

      Delete
  3. Your heat and humidity are not my favorites.... We're in Montana and it's warm but not humid.
    Good luck with the neighbors Ms Belinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could change places with you from what I have read Montana is a lovely state and not that hot during the summer. Enjoy your stay.

      As far as the neighbor is concerned my only hope is that he wins the lottery and moves as far away as possible...see I can be an optimist at times!

      Delete
  4. If you pursued it you may get the town to make law/ruling "no fireworks after certain date and definitely a certain time. It is the same way here. The trauma for animals is unconscionable. We have one in family and it is so pitiful to watch her over any loud noise, even when the clouds start to darken. As for lazy layabouts, they are plentiful today and for several years past. What they need is a large firework put under their @ss and kicked out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Caddie I have no fight left in me it would be an uphill battle and one I would probably lose. Not even in my house in Houston have Homeowners Associations been successful in banning fireworks in the county. Have had to put up with bad and firework popping neighbors there too.

      "What they need is a large firework put under their @ss and kicked out." I could not agree more with your assessment, thank you for making me smile :)

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.