Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, July 18, 2019

Pollito / Darn Flippers / A Henry Lookalike

Yesterday I got a late start trying to make my way into town and by the time I was ready, it was way too hot to go anywhere. This morning I made sure I got up early (actually I never went to sleep) to get my morning chores out of the way while the temperatures were still tolerable.

I was loading the frozen water bottles into my ice chest when Pollito and his wino sidekick drove by. They were headed to his son's house down the road pulling an empty trailer which usually has his tractor on it both looked surprised, I presume to see me outside early or because they have YET to finish the job I hired them for.  As I spotted them  I smiled and waved...ordinarily Pollito would pull over but this time he kept going...jajajajajaja...it was too funny :D

My first stop was the post office to pick up my mail and to no one's surprise, it was nothing but darn letters and postcards from house flippers wanting to purchase my Houston home.  How many darn letters have you sent me in the past twelve years without receiving a reply?  When are you going to GIVE UP???

Second stop was HEB as I have not had a chance to do a grocery run to Ciudad Acuña, Coahuila, Mexico in some time.  I was minding my own business when I saw this TALL good looking guy with a ponytail and glasses...I had to do a double-take!!!  Yeap, he looked like a clone of Henry Garza. You might ask yourself who is Henry Garza?  He is the lead singer/guitarist of my favorite band...Los Lonely Boys :)


I always purchase perishables last so as I made my way to the dairy aisle I ran into him again. I just had to stop and ask if anyone had remarked about his amazing resemblance to Henry...and without having to ask what Henry he just smiled and said they had. We talked about their music for a while but I could not get the courage to ask if I could take his picture.


It is so funny because Leilani (a blog reader) had previously said I should go to San Angelo, Texas and try to interview Enrique Garza (The Lonely Papi) a darn good looking widowed Tall Weathered Cowboy and patriarch of the Garza family using my blog and readers request as a passport to do so. This guy doppelgänger said he wanted to drive to San Angelo to meet him as well and maybe share a laugh about his resemblance to his son.  By the way, this lookalike doppelgänger is from Del Rio. He certainly made my day!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Los Lonely Boys

This is my FAVORITE song by them...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wvkzoqQ5Oak
Enjoy...you're welcome :)


8 comments:

  1. Wow out and about early and you had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Though I have never been a morning person, now it is due to a different circumstance like the fact that I have chronic insomnia that has been a staple in my life for more than three decades. This mostly due to my former highly stressful job.

      The only reason I was up early was that I never went to sleep but it was great to be able to be out and about while it was still tolerable and few people in the mist.

      Delete
  2. I saw the word "flippers" in the title & I thought of the dolphin TV star from back in the 60s...
    Sounds like you had a good day all in all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I do not remember that show. I can not blame that on CRS as my dad was very strict and I could not watch television freely as a kid. I was only allowed to choose one show a week provided I had good grades...my choice was Bewitched.

      I could watch TV on the weekend but it was what my parents watched like The Lawrence Welk Show, The Ed Sullivan Show, Bonanza, and The Big Valley.

      It was a good day!

      Delete
  3. LOL....I don't know if I have ever commented on your blog before. I remember the dolphin show. It was a good one and I loved Bewitched. Did you also watch Mitch Miller? I did not like that show but I watched it anyway and always ended up singing with "the bouncing ball". Good memories....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elva, No you have not commented on my blog before but thank you for doing so.

      I have never heard of "Mitch Miller" until today. I do not recall any of my friends or classmates mentioning that show before.

      I so loved Bewitched...great memories from my childhood. Thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Ms. B, I def think Henry's the cuter one in that family. If you marry the Papi, yall can adopt your blog readers so we'll all be one big Lonely family & live Lonely ever after. ;-)

    As I'm sure you recall, Henry took a horrible fall at a show in So Cal 5 or so years ago & took a long time to recover. Well, they are going to do a show next month (Aug 6) in San Diego at Humphrey's Half Moon. I've been to a concert out there - it's such a wonderful place to hear live music.

    We should organize a TD blog field trip out there & invite Henry's Del Rio doppelgänger along - ya never know, he might have a lonely Papi who is a TWC too, just in case it doesn't work out with Enrique.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leilani, I have NO idea what you do for a living but you definitively have a future as a comedy writer or why not even a stand up comic !

      Girl you have me laughing my head off and believe me it is very much appreciated it.

      Wish I could someday be lucky enough to attend one of their concerts but it would have to be closer to home. Have no idea how to find his Del Rio "doppelganger"...lol. I have not heard that word in YEARS...I am going to have to update my blog to include it.

      Thank you Leilani :)

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.