Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Queen of Procrastination / More affected than I thought

The heat has been oppressive we had a high of 105 a low of 78 with a heat index of 107. These temperatures are making me even lazier than I already am.  I had every intention of raking those pesky mesquite pods this morning but waited too long to get started.

The same could be said for removing the old license tags from the windshield and installing the new one.  Have I mentioned that I am the Queen of Procrastination?  Well, it was obviously too hot to do that so I am OK with not installing it and if I get pulled over I can always show them the tags.

I needed to make a grocery run but to be perfectly honest I was a little afraid.  Briefly considered going to Walmart but quickly ruled it out, it may be a while before I get the nerve to walk into one.

My favorite go-to store is "Little HEB" as it is less crowded than the main one.  However, my thoughts went to the fact that it is way too small and in case something happened there really is no place to hide.  I have never in my life had these thoughts of self-preservation. 

Headed to the main HEB instead and quickly picked up what I needed and left.  I do not know what I was expecting but I looked for new security measures or guards but there were none. I had no idea how much the mass shooting in El Paso had actually affected my psyche.

This evening around 9:30 p.m.  I heard these two loud booms and knew is was the worthless step-son of Mr. Joe.  Ran to my room to find my robe so I could go outside and when I opened the door two more booms went off and I SCREAMED!!!  I think it took him by surprise and either it was the last of his 4th of July stash of fireworks or he decided to quit for the night.  If anything happens to us please be sure to tell the authorities that HE is suspect #1.  The guy is not all there and definitively has mental, emotional and alcohol issues.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

6 comments:

  1. It is pretty sad when you are afraid to leave your home with the feeling you might be unsafe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly is George sadly a reflection of our new normal.

      Delete
  2. When it's so hot, like over 100, I think our bodies instinctively try to slow down, and I don't try to fight it.
    I am so sorry for your being afraid to go out, but I sure do understand it. Bad people everwhere are becoming emboldened and instead of getting messages of comfort, uderstandingk unity, etc., from Washington, we get divisiveness and more inflammatory rhetoric. Don't ask me why we have to put up with this. If the same things had happened under President Obama he would have been impeached and who knows what else. The politicians obviously are't going to do anything about it so it's up to the people to bombard them with demands to get him out of there immediately. He wsasn't legally elected to begin with and therefore is an imposter. We need to do away with that stupid electoral college before the next election, which our enemies are already starting to try to tamper with. I hope you have a better day today, Ms. B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree about the temperatures slowing us down. Today it will get to 104 with an even higher heat index and the rest of the week 105 degrees.

      Afraid or not I have to go on with my daily activities. Had an early morning appointment and I found myself eyeing everyone. I have never done that in the past.

      With Republicans in the Senate majority the votes are not there for impeachment. We have to flip the Senate. I have been in favor of doing away with the electoral college since George Bush beat Al Gore in that controversial win in Florida when Jeb Bush was governor of that state.

      Both Mueller as well as directors of our intelligence agencies have said it is already happening and now it is not just Russia. This administration has not done anything to stop it as he needs their help to be re-elected.

      As I am typing this I am watching protests to his visit in Dayton, Ohio. People in El Paso are even more against his visit including the Republican white mayor of that city. I hope nothing bad happens there.

      Have a good day as well Gypsy.

      Delete
  3. I need to take my truck to emissions this month and am dreading that wait in line. I'm going to try for 8:30 as I assume people who go to work will be there started at 7am when they open.

    It's a terrible thing when we are afraid to go out into out own country for fear of being shot at. They better get rid of that fool in the wh and all his followers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How I dreaded having to take the car for emissions testing when I lived in Harris County (Houston) the good thing about living in Val Verde County (Del Rio) is that it is not required here and saves me a little bit of money.

      It looks like the only way we are going to get rid of him is if we VOTE HIM OUT.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.