Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Thursday, August 8, 2019

Mesquite Pods / Linda Lou

I got up early to beat the heat and rake mesquite pods before they seed?  I do not know if that is a proper term.  Neither Paquito nor Nico would let me, they decided to attack the rake. Gave up and picked them up by hand. I was only concerned with removing the ones that I run over on the way to the garage.


Filled an old Ziploc bag. Why?  In case the cat and dog food bags where I put the weeds falls over they will not spill out and I won't have to pick them up again.  Though this time I did throw in a couple of rocks in each bag to prevent that.  It only takes me one time to learn my lesson.

This is Terlita my old camping van that has been
sitting patiently in the carport/garage waiting for
a new transmission.


Besides the pesky mesquite pods, there are other prickly plants that I am afraid to run over and get a flat. Found some fluorescent pink spray paint and drew circles around them to avoid those spots and hopefully remove one of these days.



If you run over these you are going to get a flat. I stepped on
one of them and it went through my tennis shoe but I can not
find my long nose pliers to remove it.

When I was doing that the winds picked up and ended spraying the area unevenly.  I took pictures but for some reason, I have not been able to upload them from my phone to the computer when before I did not have a problem.










Quit at 11:00 a.m. and headed immediately for the shower.  It felt so good I sat in the recliner and was almost about to doze off when the telephone rang.  It was my dear friend Linda Lou (the former beauty queen) that I have mentioned many times on this blog.  It had been a while since I had heard from her.

We had a wonderful conversation remembering old times.  It was an adventure every time we went out on the town.  We laughed and laughed ...it was good for the soul...I really needed that.  After our long chat, I promptly fell asleep, that one hour nap was also needed.

It has been so hot lately.  Today we reached a high of 104 with a low of 78 with a heat index of 109.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

8 comments:

  1. Nice to get those pods cleaned up and the other weeds identified. Good luck with removing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a superfood product from the Tree of Life in that ziploc bag.

    Now how do WE get it to the consumer, Ss?

    (I got a minor in marketing from NTSU.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those stinkin pods are in my yard too and with all the rain these past few days I better get out there and get them picked up again. If I had a tall enough ladder I'd cut the limbs hanging over into my yard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the ONLY one that actually GETS IT...no ONE but us TWO have to deal with these pesky suckers!

      If I only knew how to use a chainsaw I would not hesitate to take it to those darn mesquite trees.

      Some may call them the tree of life...I call them "the tree of work"...and we all know how LAZY I am!

      Delete
  4. A Dodge van, nice! I've had a couple, what year is yours?

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.