Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, August 26, 2019

Del Rio breaks record for today at 109 degrees

We broke a record for high temperatures for this day in Del Rio when we reached 109 degrees and it also tied a high for the month of August that was set in 1969...fifty years ago.

The high was 109, low 81 with a heat index of anywhere from 111 to 114.  For some reason, different sites had different numbers for the heat index values.

Right now it is 10:44 p.m. and it is still 96 degrees.

Today is also the second anniversary that hurricane Harvey touched down on the Texas coast.  Something many of us would like to forget.

Just a short post tonight.  Got an e-mail from Spectrum that they will be doing maintenance anytime from 2:00 a.m. to 6:00 a.m. you know when most normal people are asleep. Since I am not normal I guess I won't be able to go online or watch television.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



The Betty Boop Saying of the Day



6 comments:

  1. That is some brutal temperatures hopefully things will cool down soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Today should reach 105 but after that it will be in the low 100's just wish we could get some rain.

      Delete
  2. This is some crazy summer at your place and mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been checking out the live webcast from Burning Man - looks like something right out of Mad Max Road Warrior or Beyond Thunderdome! CrAzY!

    I would like to experience it but tickets are $838. Guess you gotta pay to "express" yourself. I really think I'd fit in. Somewhere. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I first found out about Burning Man I could not believe all the crazy happenings and I immediately put it in my bucket list. Of course, back then I was much younger, I had Terlita (my camping van), and tickets were not that expensive.

      They have a Texas Burning Man as well but it too is expensive. I prefer the Terlingua Chili Cook-off but I miss the ones in the '90s they were crazy, decadent, and oh so sinful kind of like Burning Man.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.