Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, August 25, 2019

Spectrum rate hike / Betty Boop saying of the Day

Was looking back at a post I made last year after my one year anniversary with Spectrum http://terlinguadreams.blogspot.com/2018/08/my-cable-bill-went-up.html

Though not particularly happy at least I had a good speed connection and no data caps as when I had that worthless DISH!

Since then things have gone downhill.  My latest issue has been that my caller ID is no longer working on either of the three television sets that I have to fork out money for. I do not recall if it is either $6.99 or $7.99 monthly for each cable box...you need a cable box to be able to access your channels and TV guide as well as see who is calling while you are watching your television set.  While I have a regular phone that I can go to check who called I am not about to run to see who it was.

So for my "real life friends" please leave a message and I will get back to you.

I got a letter from Spectrum last month thanking me for being their customer for two years but also notifying me that my two-year special pricing package with them would be coming to an end.  I had other issues to deal with so I just put it aside.

I have most of our utility accounts either on paperless billing and/or automatic debit as you all know if you have been reading me for a while that I suffer from CRS and add to that our busy medical appointment schedule and we would probably end up with no water, electricity, telephone, Internet, etc. etc.

I was incredulous when I received an email saying there would be a debit to my account in the amount of  $208.80 when last month it was $168.02 that is a $40.78 increase. 

No,  I am not going to bi*ch about it...though I think it is very pricey as my friends in Houston are not having to pay these exorbitant fees. I have to realize I live in the middle of nowhere where civilization is a three-hour drive away and there is no competition to speak of to bring down the prices like in larger cities.

Where are the big-name Internet providers?  We need you in West Texas!

Today we had a high of 103, a low of 78 with a heat index of 107.

To spice things up I am going to try a new feature on my blog that I will call my "Betty Boop saying of the day".

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Betty Boop Saying of the Day




8 comments:

  1. When we start feeling the pinch I call and make a fuss about the increased charges and they normally lower it down some. Another ploy to consider is saying that you should be getting a discount for being a long time customer.
    We like the Betty Boop Saying.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice Rick and Kathy. I think I am going to try it on them, after all what have I got to lose?

      Glad you liked the new "Betty Boop Saying of the Day". I want to incorporate new features into my blog and as you know I LOVE Betty Boop!

      Delete
  2. I think they pretty much know when they have people over a barrel. I think my contract is about up to so lets see what they nail me for. But I have no complaints with this service it's been the best I have had in years.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree they have us over a barrel...but I can not complain as I have had such terrible Internet providers in the past.

      This is the best ISP I have had so I guess I have to suck it up and forget about cable TV and the landline phones faux pas that have recently come to life.

      Delete
  3. $40 is a pretty big jump but what are going to do? I like the Betty Boop saying of the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it sure is a big increase but my Spurs are worth every penny. They better have a good season because they are costing me a fortune!

      Glad you liked the BB saying of the day :)

      Delete
  4. Really hate when those increases hit you like that good luck with a solution..
    Love you Betty Boop saying keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.