Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, August 19, 2019

The Impossible Whopper Challenge

Had a restless night, kept on waking up just about every hour.  At one point even got up and went outside for a while until Paquito saw me, he was coming from somewhere down the road.  I do not know why he would want to leave the safety of the house as he is fixed and has no business roaming around.

Went back outside around 6:10 a.m. and was surprised that none of the neighbor's lights were on.  Today was the first day of back to school but people seemed to be sleeping in.  Went back inside to get ready for an early appointment.

Had the same problem as this past weekend it was too early to pick up the mail at the post office.  Stopped at the Stripes closer to the house and found they had nopalitos con huevo (cactus and egg) tacos something not available at my favorite StripesNopalitos are a great vegetable that brings down high glucose levels.

Had to make another trip into town later in the afternoon so decided to stop at Burger King and try their Impossible Whopper...you know the one that tastes like meat...but does not contain meat.  I could not make my phone App work so one of the employees graciously gave me his mobile coupon...thank you!

The coupon gives you a regular Whopper as well as an Impossible Whopper for your test challenge.  I cut both hamburgers into four portions and tried the Impossible one first.  It tasted just like meat but when I tasted the regular one I could tell the difference.

Would I consider eating it again?  Maybe, but I much prefer REAL meat.  Made me long for the Chili Cook-off where my friends grill delicious steaks.

We had a high of 103, a low of 80 and a heat index of 105 degrees.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.






14 comments:

  1. I wondered about what's in the fake burger, I didn't wonder enough to look it up! :-)

    I don't think factory food is the best and this sure sounds like some heavy duty factory food!
    I stopped at BK yesterday, thought about trying it but couldn't... you're a brave soul MsBelinda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not bother to look it up either just have seen the ads for it on TV saying it is soy and plant based.

      Since I was curious decided to give it a try.

      Delete
  2. I haven't even heard of these Impossible burgers. But I don't do much fast foods anymore.

    Your header looks so refreshing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Burger King has been actively advertising them for a couple of months now. Since I do not cook I have their App and when I saw the challenge decided to take it.

      I like the header picture too, it makes me feel instantly cooler when I look at it.

      Delete
  3. Maybe some day they will make fake meat out of mesquite pods.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No doubt someday they could, it would be a healthier alternative.

      P.S. Lol, I just started singing that old chicano song by Joe Bravo "It's OK".

      Delete
  4. We try to avoid processed foods, and that fake meat sure would be highly processed I am sure rather than just ground up meat. No for me thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not exactly sure how it is processed but they claim it is better than real meat. It wasn't bad but I prefer the real thing.

      Delete
  5. what has happened to Dizzy,,, been 2 months since he posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trouble, I have no idea why he has not posted on his blog. Though he is definitively posting on others including this one a couple of days ago.

      Delete
  6. Heard a lot of people complain about the Fake Meat. We prefer the real McCoy.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rick and Kathy, I guess I really have not read up on the result of the taste tests. I prefer the real McCoy myself.

      Delete
  7. Glad I no longer eat beef (it doesn't agree with me), and I hope they don't start pushing fake chicken anytime soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is curious you are the third person that have told me this week that beef no longer agrees with them.

      While I do not eat it often I certainly enjoy it when I do. Lol, on pushing the fake chicken :D

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.