Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, February 4, 2020

A cold front is on the way

We had a very warm and sunny day.  It started with a low of 44 reaching a high of 87 degrees one degree short of tying a record set in 2008 of 88 degrees.  As I was running errands in town this afternoon I had to turn on the car A/C.

We are expecting a significant drop in temperature in the early morning hours and it will stay cold for the next two days.  Some cities in Texas have already received or if not will be receiving in the coming hours' snow or wintery mix.

I no longer trust the original post office where we have our P.O. Box and where last month two of my checks were lost so I made my way to our second Post Office in Del Rio to mail off a payment.  Walmart is not far from there so made a quick stop.

Gasoline prices have gone down some but not as much as in San Antonio as evidenced by blogger Andy's comments. The going price at Stripes today was $2.049 for a gallon of unleaded and $2.069 at Walmart for the same.

As I am typing this I am watching the State of the Union address...can our country be even more divided?  The most entertaining part was watching Nancy Pelosi's facial expressions.

Ok, I have to go watch my Spurs play, this speech went over the allotted time.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



15 comments:

  1. Nancy ripped her copy of the speech when he was done.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the lower gas prices.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I know you do not have a TV so I don't know if that is why you couldn't watch or just chose not to.

      Delete
  3. I saw Terlingua had snow! Wow, that has to be weird.
    The SOTU was a joke. Rush Limbaugh is the scum of the earth, right alongside of his buddy trump. I would like to have seen Nancy Pelosi roll up that speech and swat him with it. I know she wanted to.
    I paid $2.59 for gas. I use the middle grade. I stocked up on toilet paper and paper towels today, plus otc meds. I think China will affect supply of cheap goods and it will only be much higher prices by next month.
    I hope your temps get better soon. I am looking forward to spring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While snow in Terlingua is not an isolated event it does not happen often. El Paso and other parts of Texas also got snow. I believe the name of the town is Graham (?) received 4 to 7 inches today.

      As I am typing this I am watching the 10 o'clock news. San Antonio is having snow flurries in certain areas.

      How Trump awarded that medal to Rush Limbaugh when there are so many deserving individuals is beyond me. Just red meat for his base.

      I noticed how much paper goods like the ones you purchased today have gone up so I decided to purchase more than I normally would before prices increase.

      Saturday should bring the return of normal temperatures for this area. Our spring lasts three weeks then jumps to summer :-(

      Delete
  4. That cold front hit us and it was COLD! I went out and started my truck and ran back in the house it was 7:25 am and 24 degrees. So happy the truck has such a great heater never warmed up past 46 today.
    Your gas is so cheap dang
    Auntie Acid in right on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dang...24 degrees is cold! Glad your truck has a good heater. It was cold and windy all day and it will be the same tomorrow.

      I think gas prices are going down hopefully your prices will as well.

      Delete
  5. It is 11:00 PM and has been snowing in Austin for about 15 minutes. National Weather Service (NWS) showing 38 F at 9:53 PM.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My truck has about 1/4 inch and is covered all over with snow. Any items above the ground are covered with snow. The ground is spotty with some snow sticking.

      Delete
  6. NWS showing 35 F at 10:53 PM with "light snow" so it is snowing at the reporting station too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all depends if you like snow or not. Since temps are going down it might still be there tomorrow morning.

      Delete
  7. This is one of the headlines on the front page of the online Austin American-Statesman today:

    H-E-B hands out $100 bills to employees after being named nation's top grocer

    [That is how they wrote it, with dashes between the letters of H.E.B./HEB. I know you are an HEB shopper and so am I.]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw this story on San Antonio's KSAT12 on Friday and noticed the dashes. Looked back at pictures I took this year for the blog and they do indeed have dashes separating them. I had never noticed that before.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.