Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Saturday, February 22, 2020

Yard work / Stocking up / Dave is back

Thursday night (Feb 20th) I could not go to sleep for the life of me finally managed to doze off Friday morning for three hours.  We have been having a lot of wind lately so had to pick up even more trash along the street side of the fence.

Noticed more weeds were growing so went and got my hula hoe also known as a stirrup hoe and tackled the bigger ones.


I was out there for about two and a half hours and I still was not able to get them all.  I hope it rains soon it would make the chore easier but then again, even more, would replace them.  It is a never-ending battle.

It was 2:12 p.m. and I had not eaten breakfast yet, came in to eat a quick bowl of cereal when the phone rang and I much prefer talking to my best friend than doing yard work!

My back was beginning to hurt so I decided not to push it and concentrated on filling up a large size cat food bag with old Houston phone books and magazines that were too far gone to make the cut for my next trip to the Recycling Center.

I went to bed as soon as my Spurs game was over and slept soundly for nine hours.

This morning I got an early start and ran several errands.  One of those included a trip to Dollar Tree where I was so glad to see the big size and regular size boxes of brand name cereal on their shelves.  On Wednesday, I paid $3.64 at HEB for a Family Size box of Cheerios.

I have been waiting for the opportunity to stop at a laundromat drove by two this morning. They were both packed, I suspect they will be for a while with this cold and miserable weather.  We had a low of 52 and a high of 68 degrees with the sun finally making an appearance.

A former blogger came back online Dave of "Living Out Here" fame.  Here is a link to his blog
http://livingouthere.blogspot.com/2020/02/lytle-tx.html

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day




11 comments:

  1. If you want to kill the weeds as well as any greenery around mix Vinegar with a bit of Dawn Dish Soap. Wait a few days after a rain to Spray on those plants and they will soon disappear.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your sleep.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used the vinegar, salt and Dawn mixture in the past and it has not worked for me. Even tried the boiled water solution but I guess these are "Texas Tough" weeds.

      Delete
  2. After reading your and Penelope’s comments from yesterday, I think both of you will like this YouTube video. He turns it around by asking the police detective questions that are usually asked of citizens.

    This is the YouTube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r55BFO9ZVaM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The guy who made the video sure was gutsy and the detective being questioned looked completely taken back when they turned the tables on him.

      Just my luck if I did that...I would end up being arrested!

      Delete
  3. Ma'am, that was mighty kind of you to mention my blog. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear you finally had some good sleep. The weeds have been horrible here because we have had so much rain. I got rid of plenty but the back yard should have had another go round, and it started raining Friday night and rained all day yesterday. GRRRrr. Vingar and dawn so not does not work for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you are using 5% acidity vinegar from the grocery store you might try 20% vinegar (horticultural vinegar) from a nursery to see if you get better results.

      Delete
    2. JO, I have tried most of the homemade weed killers on YouTube and Pinterest and none have worked for me.

      I refuse to buy the chemical ones they sell at the stores as they are not good for the environment and are harmful to pets. The only choice I have left is to physically remove them.

      The problem is that mother's house sits on a large chunk of land and that takes a lot of work.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.