Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, February 28, 2020

The return of normal weather

While this morning it was still cool for this area at 43 degrees (?) I ventured out to be one of the first at the laundromat. Well, I wasn't...there were four other cars there.  Got off to check if the one washer that has a special price for us regular customers who know of its existence was available but it was in use.

Would not have minded paying the regular price for another one but with three screaming kids running around to their heart's content while their mother was glued to her phone...decided to pass and try my luck another day.

Drove to the Stripes closer to the house (the one going to Mexico) instead of my favorite one on Veterans Blvd. to purchase a breakfast taco and a hot cup of chocolate.  It hit the spot.

Yesterday I had a very busy day and by the time I was able to go online the power went out twice so I decided to skip the post and go to bed instead. There have been a couple of power outages this week though they have not lasted long.

I have been waiting for a package coming from Argentina for over a month and that was using a courier service that then ended up being dropped off at the big post office where it was about to be sent back since USPS does not make home deliveries where we live.  It was thanks to my friend that sent the package that I was able to track it down.

I went back to Dollar Tree to purchase more cereal and canned goods then headed to Walmart.  Stocked up on more items before the coronavirus strikes this area and I will be scared to leave the house.  As of today, there are 65 confirmed cases in the USA but since so few people have been tested I am sure there are many more we do not yet know about. Just in San Antonio, Texas, there are eleven cases.

Gasoline prices have gone back down. Walmart had the cheapest price at $2.039 per gallon for unleaded gasoline.


Saw this neat little trailer in the parking lot. Unfortunately, the other side was the pretty side with all the red pop colors that matched their truck.  I wanted to take a picture but they had their door open and were running their generator, lol!



It was a nice sunny day with a low of 43 and a high of 77 degrees. Hmmm, as I am typing this KENS5 in San Antonio is saying that the low in Del Rio was 32 degrees, not 43 per Accuweather the website I use.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day




8 comments:

  1. Wise to stock up before the panic and empty shelves occur.
    We're looking forward to having your lows as our highs.
    Those gas prices work our to about half of ours.
    That looked like a Retro Trailer. Perfect for a couple or individual wanting a place to stay off the ground and to haul your stocks.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the word I was searching for...Retro Trailer! It was quite beautiful and the paint job matched the color of their pick-up.

      Delete
  2. Howdy there MsB. Your “official” low for Del Rio on 02/28/2020 was 34°F.

    Your “official” high was 77°F. I put the word “official” in quotes because the data is considered preliminary by the NOAA National Weather Service since it has not yet been certified.

    This is how to find the “official” highs and lows for a particular date for "Del Rio, Del Rio International Airport (KDRT)" which is your official reporting station.

    1. Go to the NOAA National Weather Service website page for Del Rio:

    https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=29.3662&lon=-100.8982#.Xlp8uKhKiUk

    2. Scroll about half-way down the page to find this heading:

    Additional Forecasts and Information

    3. Under that heading left-click on:

    Climate Data

    4. Under the heading "Observed Weather Reports" look for "1. Product" and left-click on the circle in front of:

    Preliminary Monthly Climate Data (CF6)

    5. Under "2. Location" left-click on:

    Del Rio

    6. Under "3. Timeframe" left-click on the circle in front of "Archived Data".

    7. In the box immediately below "Archived Data", left-click on "February 2020".

    8. Under "4. View" left-click on "Go" which is in a gold-colored box.

    9. This will open a new window.

    10. In this new window that opened, look for the heading "TEMPERATURE IN F:".

    11. The first column will be the date (DY), the second column will be the high for that date (MAX), and the third column will be the low for that date (MIN).

    I hope that my instructions are correct and that you were able to find the information. If something is incorrect and you were not able to find it, let me know and I will correct it so that you can find this "official" weather information.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to write this out for me it is appreciated.

      I tried it and it is a little complicated in particular the second box where the numbers are close together. At least it is the "official" temperature as other sites I visit are becoming unreliable. Thanks again.

      Delete
  3. I often look out my door to check the weather. Jajaja
    I am glad you are stocking up. I have been finishing up a few details. Just astounded at people here waiting or ignoring the situation.
    I have one more load to do at the laundromat and then I am all caught up. I washed all my blankets and quilts, too.
    Love the joke. You always choose the right one. I hope your package had lots of treats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am equally as astounded as you are no one in my circle of friends is at all worried. Even if this does not come to much it never hurts to have extra supplies on hand.

      I remember a couple of years back I picked up the worst flu at the doctor's office and could not even drive myself to Walmart to purchase some Nyquil or groceries. Wish they had had curve side pick-up then.

      Kudos for getting your laundry done...mine is still sitting in my trunk.

      It depends on your definition of "treats". This package had a lot of treasured memories from when my family and I lived in Buenos Aires.

      Delete
  4. I had always relied on Accuweather but seems they have been off the game for about a year now. So I just go outside and check my own gauges.
    I always hated laundromats. If I get to go to the mountains this year I'm going to just use a couple buckets and a plunger. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you said that JO, I thought I was the only one having problems with Accuweather. They seem to be dropping the ball regularly.

      I too hate laundromats but we do not have a dryer. If I were to hang heavy items like towels or blankets our clothesline would collapse.

      Of the few things I miss from Houston besides my friends, Target and Academy...my washer and dryer would also make the list.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.