Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, February 12, 2020

It finally warmed up / An Apology to Rick and Kathy Rousseau

Mind that Wanders.                                                                                                                                                                                 More

It finally warmed up today!  We had a low of 40 with a high of 69 degrees.  The sun finally made a presence this afternoon.  While it rained it was not enough to fill up my water catchment tanks.  Not a problem though, I am now filling up the five 32-gallon trash cans that I previously only used for rain catchment with our tap water that comes from San Felipe Springs.

Belinda, why are you doing that?  Called me crazy...but who amongst my dearest friends hasn't?  Remember I have a little bit of bruja but mostly intuition and can also read minds...now you know that I am officially CRAZY! :D

Ok...I now have deviated from the topic...so what else is new?  I firmly believe that while the news cycle has been focusing on the Democratic Caucuses we have forgotten about our soldiers suffering from brain injuries after Iran attacked our soldiers in Iraq.

I fear the Iranians will soon target our infrastructure including our grid and water systems.  So while the water I collect will not last forever at least I can survive for a couple of months before I eventually die.

Last week I took a much-needed break from politics.  Last night I found out how #45 has taken a prominent role intervening in Roger Stone's sentencing. Kudos to the lawyers that resigned!

I was so happy relishing in the first rodeo trip Spurs win that I had not checked what was going on in our Nation...shameful!  I hope some of our GOP Senators are slapped silly into reality...Yes, I am talking about you, Susan Collins!

I meant to make a post last night regarding this but I was much too tired and in total denial.  I apologize to bloggers Rick and Kathy Rousseau and their readers for going off on their blog regarding this topic.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.

14 comments:

  1. I am glad your weather warmed up a bit. I wish it would here.
    Everything just seems insane to me. Politics, the weather, the corona virus, etc. Trump is just the clown in the GOP circus. The Democrats are one big cluster you know what. I have lost my confidence in any news channel.
    Good to prep water. I did an experiment and it takes a minimum of one gallon per day for cooking and drinking. Washing yourself and clothes requires more than you think, plus flushing your toilet. It is good to stock up on everything you can and be prepared to stay home.
    I have a feeling things will get much crazier and quicker than we think. So many not planning ahead or caring about what is happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are so many other issues that warrant our attention though I fear no one is paying any attention to them.

      I had never in my life been so fearful for our democracy...I am so glad my father is deceased...he was such a proponent of everything this administration is opposed to...though he was a Republican.

      If you care anything about our nation...please turn off the Fox News channel and expand your horizons.

      Delete
  2. So much politics everywhere. Sad to see.

    Being a bruja should not be a problem as long as you stay away from places like Salem Mass... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Politics are now a daily talking point in cable news channels. I somehow believe the Salem witches would have had a better chance to bring forth their case but unfortunately, no Republicans have gone on record about this.

      Delete
    2. Before you think I am even crazier than I am...what I meant by "no Republicans have gone on record about this"...

      I meant that at least the Salem witches were allowed WITNESSES...though it did not matter they were killed anyway. Unlike the Republican that did not do so in #45's impeachment. Only Senator Romney had the moral fortitude to do so only to be berated and shamed by the GOP and their leader in his lying Twitter feed.

      Delete
    3. The only "real" difference I see between the republicans & the democrats is which side of the coin they are on.
      When the democrats took over from Bush & the oil boys (they had the White House AND both houses of congress) nothing changed!

      I was all kind of bummed out by the evidence that THERE WAS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE PARTIES! Before that I loved pretending that we actually had a choice.
      Nothing changed because the same people owned the coin that had the repubs on one side & the dems on the other.
      We argue about minor stuff while the money keeps on going where it goes...
      Trump? He's a 3rd party guy who snuck in as a repub. All of the MSM is against him, that is a lot of propaganda to overcome.


      I don't watch network news any more & not the cable people either. I'll get their agenda from all the people I know who do watch them (like my spouse) & get called all the names I'm supposed to be called because I think Clinton is a crook.

      Delete
    4. I like your blog, my sadness at the politics is my problem.

      Delete
    5. That is the beauty of our great nation we can freely express our believes and sentiments without fear of retaliation...except for those brave witnesses that testified against this President and ended up getting fired, had their lives threatened, and their exemplary careers ended abruptly. All this to satisfy this man's desire for revenge.

      I respect your views and like on other occasions we can agree to disagree.

      Delete
  3. I never watch Fox news. I have been advocating a boycott of Fox news for well over ten years. I was alarmed about their direction long before anyone else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one of a few that saw this coming. I must admit I was not one of them...but I am now.

      Watching them is like entering a different universe...everything is a lie just like their leader. I know very bright individuals who are daily viewers and believe in their propaganda. All I can do is shake my head.

      Delete
  4. We watched the Witnesses give their statements to Congress but when the Lawyers got up in the Senate their take was they didn't say that even after the Dems just replayed the videos. Then they played part not played for its lack of importance touting "This is what they didn't want you to see".
    We were criticized for watching CNN because they rehash and rehash but they give a more honest view of what's happening.
    You can sound off on our Comments anytime you want.
    Be Safe and Enjoy being Pro-active.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was outraged when you guys were criticized for watching CNN even after explaining that you wanted to learn how our American political system worked during the phase where they introduced true Americans who willingly came before Congress to share what they heard and their concerns as witnesses.

      Ooops...come to think of it...I believe I also went off on your blog on that occasion...sorry?

      I applaud your desire to learn about our political system. I wish more of our citizens would follow your example.

      Thank you for your support and comment.

      Delete
  5. I also have a little bit of bruja. I am not as concerned about Iran and I am D.Trump, who presents the most danger to our country and our way of life.

    ReplyDelete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.