Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, February 11, 2020

It was a foggy, rainy, windy, gray and cold day

If you have been reading me for a while you know that I do not like cold or hot weather extremes. I am fine in the 60 to 80-degree range but face it...this is West Texas...the range I want is never going to happen aside for a couple of weeks in the Spring.

Today we had a low of 45 and a high of 54 degrees.  As I type this it is raining and we are at 45 degrees with a feel like temperature of 40.  I am freezing to death and have the heat set at 78... I can just see my Canadian readers laughing as they read this :D

I will make it short tonight as I missed my regular shows so I could watch a Spurs game and finally see them pull off a much needed win this evening.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.



Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



6 comments:

  1. Since we've been spending our Winters south over the last few years being back in Ontario this winter we seem to be overdressed compared to most around us because we can't handle the cold. We are slowly wearing less layers but Kathy's Arthritis is still flaring up. We have a Storm bring lots of White Stuff heading our way so it looks like we'll hunker down again.
    The Medication for dealing with Vertigo is called Novo-Betahistine 16mg. Wise to have on hand and you only take them until the dizziness goes away.
    Be Safe and Enjoy your Hibernation. LOL!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may sound like a broken record but I really do not know how people in climates like yours can tolerate the cold, wind and snow.

      Here I thought arthritis had skipped a generation but this winter I realized it had not :-(

      Thank you for the name of the Vertigo medication have put in on my list of things to buy on my next trip to Mexico.

      Hope you do not get too much snow.

      Delete
  2. When I read your 40-80 degree sweet spot I thought of Hawaii, but there were long stretches where it would hit in the mid-80s during the day. Then I remembered the 70 degree RV trip! Someone figured out a road trip to where it was always 70 degrees! Takes all year but if you want 70 degrees it's there!

    https://www.citylab.com/environment/2015/10/a-13235-mile-road-trip-for-70-degree-weather-every-day/411406/
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rob, my sweet spot is in the 60 to 80 degree range not 40-80 degrees. However, I love this trek through 70 degree temperatures year around.

      This is wonderful! If only I could be a full-timer with a gently used rig. Thank you very much Rob :)

      Delete
  3. I love the weather we are having in Sacramento. It's chilly, but gives me the opportunity to wear the sweaters and things that I love.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is one good thing about this weather...giving me a chance to wear my sweaters.

      I have a feeling with climate change that I will be using them more than in the past :-(

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.