Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, August 3, 2020

Can you believe...another power outage?

This is just getting ridiculous I am sick and tired of all these power spikes and worse yet the power outages...grrrrrrrrrrr!!!

I finally managed to corral Paquito and put him out so I could heat up my dinner and watch the game that had already started (My Spurs).  All of a sudden I am left in the dark it was 8:33 p.m. at least I had my solar lights nearby so was able to eat my dinner without a problem.

Looked out the window and saw that the neighbors were outside. The dogs were going crazy barking at them since they decided to walk up and down the street. I had lowered the A/C this afternoon as it was so hot therefore the house remained cool.

At 9:44 p.m. the power came back on after being out for 1 hour and 11 minutes.  I was glad it came back so soon relatively speaking.

We had a low of 79 and a high of 104 degrees.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day




4 comments:

  1. Lots of the Power outages are caused by power companies that have not upgraded their equipment to handle today's requirements. More people are using their ACs at this time and small industries move into the area causing just enough of a strain on the system that it crashes.
    Be Safe and Enjoy the AC.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can understand when it happens during the day. Both the TV stations as well as the electric companies ask us to limit our power consumption between 3:00 to 7:00 p.m.

      This took place at 8:33 p.m. when small industries are closed. Bet they got a lot of angry calls from Spur fans because in comparison to other occasions it came back fast.

      Delete
  2. Oh not again. At least it was the end of the day and a bit cooler. Keeping our solar lights ready to go these days is a sure bet. I saw one of those little cooling systems and it can be run on battery of course I doubt very much the can cool a room but at least if it's close enough to a person it will surely help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are the redheaded step-children of Val Verde County. The City of Del Rio does not suffer the same amount of power outages that we do.

      With the pandemic, we can not even attend Commissioners' Court meetings to get an answer.

      I think I have seen those little cube boxes but I do not know how well they would work. I would prefer to go outside but not with the neighbors out and about. As far as the length of time power was out it was a relatively short time but who knows how long it will be next time.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.