Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Wednesday, December 23, 2020

A sunny day in the 80's but change is on the way...

With my nighttime comedy shows on Christmas hiatus, I have been watching Hallmark, ION, and Lifetime movies in their place and usually doze off before the movie ends which being an insomniac works out well for me. 

This morning woke up to Paquito whining demanding to be fed at 6:00 a.m.  As I opened the door to let him in I could barely see outside as the fog was so thick.  However, by nine o'clock the sun was shining brightly. Today we reached a high of 81 degrees.

Being Wednesday it is trash day and I usually do not take mine out until after 10:30 a.m. when everyone is already at work and I do not have to deal with people driving by.  As usual, I had to go pick-up trash the darn litterbugs throw along the outer fence line. There was absolutely no one around but a sedan coming way down the street. Such is my luck that it was a car I did not recognize but soon saw was driven by Pollito. Here I thought I had finally gotten rid of him and again he stops to talk to me when I am busy and he is not even wearing a face mask. I forced myself to be civil and greeted him but kept on walking as I tended to the task at hand.

Here I thought I had until next week to finish raking the leaves before New Year's but last night the worthless rowdy drunk reminded me otherwise as he and his kids were popping fireworks. Fortunately, it did not last long but definitively a glimpse of what's to come.

This evening we are expecting a cold front that will be ushered in after midnight with strong wind gusts that will bring the temperature down to the freezing mark.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day




Header Picture





8 comments:

  1. This weather is so crazy. We had 80 on Monday and then back down into to low 70's and the nights are in the 30's today it only reached 67 and continure to roller coaster for the next week.

    Some people never understand when you just don't want them around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather sure is topsy turvy along with everything else in 2020. We shall be back in the '70s by Friday and a couple of days thereafter.

      I am in total agreement some people just don't understand that you do not want them around for any reason whatsoever.

      Delete
  2. Those are temps we can't wait to see again.
    Wishing you a Safe and Merry Christmas.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that next year you will once again be able to spend the winter as snowbirds in our southern states where it is not as brutally cold as in your native Canada.

      Delete
  3. Those cats have such busy nights they are half starved by morning. Better than any alarm clock.
    I am sorry you are having to put up with such loud and annoying neighbors. I dislike fireworks and am glad I haven't heard any this holiday. Knock wood.
    I just knew you hadn't seen the last of Pollito. He was probably trolling the neighborhood for days in anticipation of seeing you. He probably thinks you are just playing hard to get. Lol
    Your temps sound wonderful. It has been cold here...in the teens and low twenties with some ice and snow.
    I have been surprised by some Secret Santa gifts. What fun. You can never have too much chocolate.
    I am wishing you and your Mom the very best for a safe and happy Christmas Day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My boys are lazy fat cats who sleep the entire night. On cold nights they sleep in the mudroom especially Paquito, who has to get his 10 hours of nightly rest, and that is not even taking into account his daytime naps.

      Pollito could be the last man in the world, and I still would not be interested in him. Besides, I am too old, he likes Pollitas (young chicks) in his case women in their 30's and 40's, and fortunately, I do not fit into that category. :-)

      Lucky you to have been surprised by a Secret Santa...perhaps a potential suitor?

      I took a break from cable news and the internet so had not had a chance to approve comments until this evening. I hope you had a happy Christmas as well.

      Delete
  4. So, here we are on Christmas day. I hope you have had a serene and Paquito-less day. Did I see somewhere on a previous post that you had not seen Lonseome Dove? I read the book, watched it, and loved all of it. You better figure out a way to do it!! Email me if you can't figure out a way to do it. We can work something out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Far from serene JudithK, you would have thought it was New Year's Eve instead of Christmas Day and that there was no pandemic as not a single individual had a face mask on.

      The neighbors having large gatherings, cook-outs, and the constant popping of fireworks, not just on my street but all over the neighborhood.

      Guilty as charged, I have never seen Lonesome Dove. One of my readers Dave, of Living Out Here fame, put YouTube links to the series but I just have not had a chance to watch it yet.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.