Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Sunday, December 27, 2020

You picked a fine time to leave us Lucille

I do not have friends in Del Rio all my friends are back in Houston my adoptive hometown which I called home for 25 years. I met a lot of people during my time there some I still keep in contact with from when I worked in the Oil & Gas industry.

Others I met outside of work or through friends we had in common. One such person was Lucille whom I met through my best friend Ms. D.  She had met her through a classmate of her eldest daughter whose family also hailed from El Paso, Texas.

Lucille or Lucy, la vieja loca amongst many of the names she was known by was older than us but we have no idea by how much because she was one age when we met her but she kept getting younger with each passing birthday. :-)

Miss Lucy was in a class all by herself, she was totally crazy. You would have thought my best friend and I were the older individuals and Lucille was the younger one. The lady was a riot and we had some of the best times together. I still remember her shoving me through her bedroom window because she forgot her house keys and did not want her husband to know what time we came home...jajajaja!

We went to so many concerts and dances especially if it was her favorite singer Fito Olivares. She even named her car Fito. That lady could out dance and out drink anyone no matter what venue or party we happened to be at.

My best friend called me early Saturday morning December 26th to let me know that she had passed on December 25th. They had found cancer in one of her kidneys in recent years but it had been removed and she was cancer-free. We have no details of what led to her passing but it can not be easy on her family and loved ones even more so that it happened on Christmas Day.

Bon voyage dear friend now you can party with Selena and Jessy Serrata.




10 comments:

  1. Sorry for the loss of you dearest friend and of course her family. Sounds like you have great memories and you can't lose those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you JO. You are right I have great memories of her and of all our adventures together. In some of our local hangouts we were known as the Three Musketeers and at others as the Sunday Girls.

      Delete
  2. Our deepest Sympathy on the loss of your dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to read about the passing of your friend Ms.Lucy.
    The memories of good times and friendship will be with you forever.
    Rest in Peace Ms. Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry to hear of the passing of your dear friend. She sounds like the kind of person who lit up the room when she walked in and then kicked the party up a notch or two. When someone so full of life passes on it is hard to fill the gaping hole left by their absence. Rest in peace, Ms Lucy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Penny. She was indeed the life of the party, she loved being the center of attention and customers would keep on feeding the jukebox just to watch her dance and would clap to egg her on...something she loved!

      Delete
  5. I too am sorry to hear you have lost a friend who was such a bright spark in life. The older we get, the more it happens. But you are still a spark and that's nice for me!
    And meanwhile, you need to get serious on that Lonesome Dove thing. I'm not kidding. At all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JudithK. Lucille was full of life and every time I think of her I can not help but smile remembering all the shenanigans she put Ms. D and me through. We use to kid with her husband by telling him we were going to send him an invoice for our babysitting services and he would just smile :)

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.