Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Cold morning / HEB drive-thru Pharmacy / Mail for my late father

It got down to 33 degrees this morning. The only bad thing about having an electric central and heating unit is that it does not warm as well as a gas one and costs more to operate. Last month we had the lowest electric bill this year I even thought there might be a mistake but then I realized that the air conditioning was not used except for a day or two and only for a few hours.

Received an e-mail last week that my medications were ready to be picked up but there was no way I was going to go to HEB during Thanksgiving week even if only to use their drive-thru pharmacy. Got another e-mail yesterday alerting me that if I did not pick them up by this afternoon they would be returned to stock.

As usual, got a late start so by the time I arrived the drive-thru line was long and this gal does not do lines. So I went inside where there were two people ahead of me and was in and out in six minutes.

Drove to the post office and even though it was past four o'clock and they close at 4:30 p.m. they had a long line waiting to mail their packages, unlike last week when there was hardly anyone there. I was surprised we had so much mail including some for my late father who passed away more than two decades ago.  

Who sells Medicare information to third parties? Why would they bother sending their brochures to deceased individuals?

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day




Header Picture




4 comments:

  1. I love the Jack saying! LOL
    We are at 30 this morning and only in the 60's for the high but I'm loving this weather. Just put on some sweats and a thermal shirt and I'm good as long as I don't have to go anywhere.

    Guess the lines will only get worse at the post office now and drive thru pick up on meds is going to be just as bad.

    I'm waiting to see how low my electric is going to be and how this new furnace effects my gas bill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I do not go anywhere anymore and when I do I forget to bring the cellphone along to take pictures I decided to post memes or banners (not sure if that is what they are called) I find on the internet so I don't get bored looking at the same header picture.

      Thirty is pretty chilly we only got to the low 40's this morning. I am enjoying the cooler weather but not when it drops to freezing or below.

      Hopefully, your gas bill will not be impacted too much as gas heaters are more efficient. I dread our next light bill.

      Delete
  2. Gas heat is cheaper and more efficient.
    Lines will only get longer now.
    Be Safe and Enjoy!

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed gas heating is definitively much cheaper and efficient.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.