Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Friday, December 4, 2020

Doctor's Appointment / Cold Weather

I went to bed early (for me) on Wednesday night as I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday and was a little apprehensive about it. I was wide awake by 4:00 a.m. but did not get out of bed until 6:00 a.m. even though my appointment was not until the afternoon.

To add to my anxiety my financial planner was going to send me a package via messenger and I was worried that it would be delivered when I was at the doctor and with the strong winds would blow it away as they were important documents. I also had my doubts that they would be delivered on Thursday since his personal assistant called me late Wednesday to obtain my street address.

I opened the gate early in the morning and was on the lookout for the UPS truck.  If they knocked they did not knock loud but I heard the neighbors' dogs barking like crazy. The lady and the driver were about to leave when I ran out but they had already left it next to the door. I am surprised I got it in less than 24 hours coming from Houston.

The doctor's office had called the day before to ask me to show up 15 minutes before my appointment but I decided to arrive 30 minutes before as I know better. Went through the same Covid protocol as when I went to the hospital as both are owned by the same corporation.


If you look at this picture you would think there was no one there. They were but in front by the registration side of the building that was very backed up. It took them over 35 minutes to call me to be processed and I do not even have insurance I pay cash.


His nurse asked me if I had arrived late...told her about the registration delay and she just rolled her eyes and shook her head.  My doctor once again urged me to get the Shingles Vaccine but I have to do some more research as I have heard both good and bad things about it.

He scheduled labs for me and told me I could come on Friday (today) or next week.  I wanted to get it out of the way and go this morning but it was 36 degrees and I don't do cold weather...will just have to wait until next week.

I just heard on the six o'clock news that snow would be making an appearance in Terlingua this weekend and possibly in the northwest part of Val Verde County. It is a good thing I am not planning to go anywhere.

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Aunty Acid Saying of the Day



Header Pictures







14 comments:

  1. These sign in stations are a nightmare sometimes. I have an appt. Monday and I know how you feel about going out and being around people. Bad enough I had to go into Safeway yesterday to pick up meds.
    Cases are climbing so fast here again.
    Cold here too it was 30 this morning and I believe yesterday it was 29 but not sure, it sure felt like it. We barely made 60 for the high today and yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to schedule afternoon appointments to avoid the morning rush of patients. This time they did not have enough personnel no way only one clerk was going to be able to handle it without creating a delay.

      Your temperatures are lower than ours but cold is cold...brrr!!

      Delete
  2. Kathy was allergic to the new Shingles Shot and had every possible side effect on just the first injection. We were told most experience the bad stuff on the second injection that the Doctor refused to give her.
    Be Safe nd Enjoy staying inside.

    It's about time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The majority of anecdotes I have heard about the Shingles Vaccine are nightmarish like Kathy's that is why I am still weighing my options.

      Delete
  3. I'm stubborn enough that I don't get vaccines for ANYTHING and no doubt will refuse the covid vaccine if and when they come out with it. I'll wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heard horror stories about people who have gotten shingles and I do not want to be in that group. With that said I still have to do some more research.

      At first, I was sure I would not take the Covid vaccine either but I am leaning more in favor of doing so but like yourself, I will have to wait and see.

      Delete
  4. It is always good to allow extra time for a doctor appointment. I am sure that being a receptionist for a medical facilitie has to require an array of talents I don't have.
    I am glad you were able to get your documents, even if you had to chase them down. Good thing Pollito wasn't driving by. My cabin is hard to find, which is on purpose on my part, but if I am expecting a delivery, I have made cardboard signs to put out on the day. Simple.."UPS" ,my street number, and an arrow. Or FedEx, etc. A little duct tape and an old chair.
    Are you seeing snow yet? It is cold here but the sun is shining, no wind and no snow. I recommend a YouTube channel, "Live Storms Media" They are short actual films of weather here in U.S.. Most are 3 to 4 minutes. The news does not cover weather anymore.
    I was confronted by two men who are anti makers two days ago. It got scary in a hurry at Dollar General. So I am back to carrying bear spray. Do watch out my friend, I have a feeling crazy is just getting warmed up.
    Love the quotes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a clinic so they usually have at least three or four receptionists at the front desk processing patients. Granted I have not been here since February as my last appointment was via telephone. That is why I was surprised they only had one receptionist until she got help.

      I am happy to say that I have not seen Pollito since the last time he confessed to being a liar supporter and I tore into him.

      KSAT-12 in San Antonio said they were predicting snow for the Big Bend area and some in the northwest part of our county by the lake but the temperature while cold has not been freezing.

      This morning that I went to feed the boys I was surprised that the pavement was wet and when I looked at my water catchment it showed a small amount of water.

      Anti-maskers are the worst! You be careful out there and by all means, carry the bear spray.

      Stay warm.

      Delete
  5. If you would like to see what it looked like in Alpine, here you go: https://cmoasis.blogspot.com/2020/12/alpine-snow-day.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the link Judith it looks pretty as do the birds.

      The power went out today then the internet so I am using my cellphone. I can barely type on this thing.

      Delete
  6. Are you OK? I looked at Walter's Blog too. I usually don't look at that one because I have a soft spot for animals and spent too many years worrying about them and hoping they were OK. And now I'm worrying about you and hoping you are OK. I know I emailed you once and that worked, but can't figure out how to do it now. OK. Hope you post soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fine JudithK, thank you for asking. We have had one doctor's appointment after another, and I have yet another one on Monday. I have been so tired I have been going to bed early. I hope to make a post soon.

      Delete
    2. Whew. OK. Now I'm hoping all the dr appts don't mean a big problem. This tine of year, it seems normal to do the bear thing and SLEEP if you can.

      Delete
    3. Lol, JudithK your comment reminded me of my late father, who used to worry about everything and everyone.

      In my prior blog posts, I have mentioned that every time they either add a new medication or mess with the dosage even a little bit, it causes me to get sleepy. Being an insomniac, it's a good thing.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.