Terlingua Dreams

Terlingua Dreams
Governors Landing Campground - Lake Amistad - Del Rio, Texas

Monday, January 6, 2020

Decided to disconnect for a couple of days...

I do not know about you guys but these past couple of days have brought out a range of emotions. From surprise, disbelieve, anger, disgust, incredibility, contempt, disappointment, fear, to outright panic. I decided I needed to disconnect from cable news, the internet and people in my life who share different views from the ones I hold or worst yet those that DO NOT even have an opinion of current events...which I find to be downright SCARY!

It helps that my cellphone is not working, I let our landline answering machine do its job, I turned off the internet and turned on the Hallmark Channel to watch feel-good movies whose outcome are more than predictable...which I found at least for this weekend to be refreshing.


The weather has been wonderful...a little cool in the mornings...in the mid to high 70's in the afternoon. We almost tied a record high for today but missed it by one digit coming in at 81 degrees.

I wrote more checks today than I have for the past six months but at least I got the Harris County taxes as well as the HOA fees out of the way for another year.  I also paid for the P.O. Box fees that continue to go up yearly.

The only bad thing about disconnecting from the Internet is the number of e-mails received both junk as well as real ones...I need to unsubscribe from a lot of mailings!

Good night.  May you all have Terlingua Dreams.


Maxine Saying of the Day


8 comments:

  1. I agree totally with your entire post, including Maxine;s observation! What is wrong with out country and our government that we have to leave a certifiably insane person in the top position. It's the oldest trick in the book - if you are really far down in the polls, just start a war and then everyone will have to stand behind you. If enough people took to the streets maybe someone would listen, although I doubt it. "Enough people" would have to get their noses out of their cell phones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This president loves to project. That is the exact same thing he accused then President Obama that he was going to do to get re-elected...goes without saying that is not what President Obama did.

      Funny the timing of this event that he would choose the worst option possible just as he is about to face impleachment and wants to divert from that subject as well as be re-elected in November.

      America is so polarized, it is going to take years to heal the damage caused by this individual.

      Delete
  2. I don't understand why all the shock is about trump. Why oh why is the Republican party not being held accountable and responsible for this disaster? It is just insane. I have cut all ties with trump supporters. Even my only brother. It would be the same as being friends with a Nazi. Or white supremist. Plus I can't stop myself from asking them how they can be that stupid. As soon as their children and grandchildren start coming home in body bags, they will all be singing a different tune. I have said so since b4 he was "elected" and they just said I was being Chicken Little. Well, the sky has fallen.
    I have done 98% of my shopping for the month and won't go out except for mail. No place is safe, even here because he has triggered all the crazies.
    Watch the price of gas go to the moon very soon. Actually, just look at what has happened to Venezuela to see what is coming.
    I only use email to respond to a few blogs. Nothing else. I have a p.o. box if anyone wants to contact me. I have little trust in the internet.
    Stay safe, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Republican party ceased to exist when they elected this president...it became the Trump party. They seemed to have lost their spine and are afraid of being "tweeted about".

      They are more concerned with being re-elected than with the oath they took to uphold the Constitution. Seems their main job is to be a rubber stamp for the current occupant of the White House.

      They called me Chicken Little as well and though they would never admit it...at least some if my friends are beginning to see the light.

      To think I wrote this last night and when I got home this afternoon Iran had fired more than a dozen missiles at two Iraqi bases hoursing U.S. forces in revenge for Soleimani's killing. I sincerely hope this does not escalate or we will ALL pay the consequences.

      Look at what happened in El Paso a couple months ago at Walmart. No doubt a lot of crazies feel they have been given the green light to act on their lowest instincts.

      Stay safe as well Ms Penny, who knows what will happen tomorrow.

      Delete
  3. Here's a song for you, by a young Canadian, called "Blackout" in which she says "get off the grid." "Over and over, over exposure - wearing me out..." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDHpq_24Zp4
    She's a good trumpet player too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is not very common to see a woman playing the trumpet and singing. She does a good job of combining both.

      Delete

I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to comment. Thank you for your readership.